No CLT flights for CZM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Except for the 12:30 PM departure to an Austin connection, arriving at 9:55 PM
Or the 4:20 PM PM departure to a DFW connection, arriving at 11:59 PM
Or the 1:03 PM departure to an MIA connection, arriving at 9:55 PM; there are variations on that one - either with less than two hours or more than five in MIA but why would anyone want those?

So what are you whining about?

View attachment 715819wh

We lived in Augusta for a short time. I loved the Augusta to Charlotte to Cozumel flight. it was no more money than the Augusta to Dallas to Cozumel route and a bit quicker. Strangely, it was less expensive to fly AGS-CLT-CZM than CLT-CZM. Strangly, it was often more expensive to fly just to Charlotte from Augusta than to Cozumel! Airline pricing makes little sense.
FWIw, my son lives in Charlotte. He is flying nonstop to visit in November. Happy it’s just seasonal.

When I checked it last week it said "No flights available", but hey, thanks for being a jerk off about it.
Ok, if you need some help finding flights, I am happy to help. If you think that my direct approach to communications is a jerk-off, sorry about that. I'm too old to play nice-nice talk. So, you're not whining about the lack of nonstop (sometimes people mean that but don't say so) but you couldn't find flights on August 20th at all? Where were you looking? The airline site? I can only guess as to the cause of the erroneous information, but anyway - there are three main choices. BTW, I always start at (adding some blanks here as the actual URL gets blocked for some reasons so remove those) matrix. itasoftware. com to find flights and lowest fares, then look at the airline site for those.
FWIw, my son lives in Charlotte. He is flying nonstop to visit in November. Happy it’s just seasonal.
Learning to dive in arid West Texas, I long ago accepted that it's two or three flights to anywhere. That acceptance help me see much more of the diving world from Puget Sound to California's Channel Islands, from the Saint Lawrence to Central America and other points in between. Nonstops ruin adventures. :)

Oh, some of the fares changed in the last few hours. You may find lower fares yet on Tuesday as that seems to be the best day of the week. I did limit my search to 12-hour trips to avoid overnight connections.

1649021501915.png

From Philadelphia, I only have a connection to Cozumel through Charlotte on Saturday. I have one stop flights through Dallas or Miami all the other days. These are all on American. Back in 2006 my son and I flew direct from Philadelphia to Cozumel on US Airways. Of course, our scuba gear did not get delivered until the next day :) Aldora loaned us gear, free, for a day.

From Philadelphia, I only have a connection to Cozumel through Charlotte on Saturday.
Pardon my direct form of communication, but that's wrong. You can fly with one connection on United or American with changes in a variety of airports. I don't see Charlotte tho. Is that on the airline that doesn't cooperate with others?
1649026022578.png

Back in 2006 my son and I flew direct from Philadelphia to Cozumel on US Airways.
Do you mean nonstop? There is a difference.

That means you get to stay in Cozumel! Right?! Just joking.
sorry to poke fun, but I have NEVER understood flights in and out of Charlotte to Cozumel. People connecting thru CLT to CZM can fly cheaper than we can originating in CLT to CZM.
Good luck
You're absolutely correct. Although I live closest to GSO (Greensboro), I always check pricing from GSO, CLT, and RDU. GSO used to be the most expensive. But that changed a few years ago. For the Invasion in June, it is a bit less to fly out of GSO thru CLT than it is to fly direct out of Charlotte.

Makes no sense. But I'll take advantage and we can have my sister drop us off and pick us up instead of paying for long term parking.

The flight through Charlotte is on the AA website. Yes, it was nonstop from Philadelphia to Cozumel back in the day on US airways. Why are you such a disagreeable curmudgeon? You and @drrich2 should collaborate on the budget diver's website. Where do you go other than Cozumel?

1649027689470.png

Although I live closest to GSO (Greensboro), I always check pricing from GSO, CLT, and RDU.
I love how Matrix lets me shop flights within a variety of miles from wherever.
Makes no sense.
It's not supposed to. Their only desire is to get the most dollars possible on a zillion routes while considering the competition, where their planes are going to be, where available crews for those exact planes will be, etc. for a zillion routes. Their computers are amazing.
The flight through Charlotte is on the AA website.
That's June. We were talking about August. Please specify parameters.
Yes, it was nonstop from Philadelphia back in the day.
Ok, just checking. Nonstop is not the same as direct.
Why are you such a disagreeable curmudgeon?
I'm not. It seems that way at times. I am all for helping others find better tickets and fares based on what they're looking for, if they tell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom