No DAN in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh man...

This is getting out of hand...

Unless Dan does something significant, I can see lawsuits from current members coming. Could this spell the end? Hope not.

Then again, I'm a bit pis... uh peeved that I'll have to pay another insurance premium for something I thought I was covered for. I'm heading to PDC and Coz next month...

I was also going to get some type of insurance and thought that dan was the only reliable insurance. Am I wrong? I have been reading alot of reports on this dan issue , and I am now more confused than ever! Does anybody including dan or other insurance companies have a simple answer to This ongoing coverage issue. Are there going to be alot of divers out there with no insurance? (because insurance is expensive and why would I and others, pay for a questionable coverage.(evacuation and chamber treatments)
R.H.

This is just great. I just bought DAN for us four family members headed for Cozumel next week.

DAN--PAY YOUR BILLS!!

I brought this over from the Cozume forum...
Christi:
This topic has come up several times in the last few months. This just applies to the chamber on Calle 5. Dr. Piccolo at the Clinica San Miguel on Calle 6 Nte. between Av. 5 and Av. 10 accepts DAN. In fact I just spoke to them about this last week.
I'm off to Coz next month, DAN card with phone number on hand. If I have any problems, I know where to go.

I do wonder if the problems from the clinic that no longer takes DAN just might have come from abuses there? I helped a diver load onto an ambulance there once. He told me later than the docs there had no interest in consulting DAN - just get in the chamber. Spending hours on a chamber ride when a more competent doc might consult with world renowned experts and agree on more prudent approaches just doesn't appeal to me.

These chambers are all affiliated with the same organization named SSS (Sub-aquatic Safety Services), it looks like they could be trying to stick it to the norteamericanos.

From what I've read here and elsewhere, SSS is charging DAN USA substantially higher rates than other dive insurance companies are charged.

So, after this guy gets done with DAN USA, what are the odds that he will come after the other US-based dive insurance companies next?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom