Northern Diver Cortex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

String you should look into a SeaSkin. their from your side of the pond. i have 2 buddies that dive these and i can attest to the fact that these are REALLY NICE suits for the $$$. both order'd custom cut suits and while one has not received his suit yet, the others suit fits perfect and looks great. i on the other hand opted or a Bare Trilam HD due to the great deal i got on it. just some food for thought.

Bill

I've dove mine for 2 years now. I like it, it's bullet-proof, and I find it to be a great overall value.

I would say that it has a "European cut", a bit tight from shoulders to crotch. Otherwise, it's not so baggy as many that have a greater range of movement. I didn't buy it to do jumping jacks in, I bought it to swim in it. I don't know what the big deal is about the pocket with the others who posted. I punched a couple of drain grommets in mine and a bungee to clip things off on.

I had a bad dump valve when I got it. The dealer finally figured out it was cracked and had a gob of silicone in it. After replacement, I haven't had any problems. One small seam leak developed after about 125 dives. I may have another somewhere in my boot now, after about 200 dives.

In short, don't believe everything you read. Most of the negatives are from people who the suit didn't fit off the rack, or had problems. S**t happens, not every piece of gear is perfect that comes off a production run. A good dealer can usually straighten things out.

If it fits you well, buy it.

Jack

JackConnick:
A good dealer can usually straighten things out.

Which is a huge problem with NDs well known lack of customer support and after sale service.

Same issue with the ND regs now for servicing. Lots of shops wont touch them and say send them back to ND. The result of using mares or apeks designs but making them with very cheap inferior parts in the far east meaning they break, dont fit well and so on. Ditto the drysuits.

Yesterday a borrowed Avon rubber drysuit as my ND is all but unusable due to leaks inflexibility, non working dump valves etc. Ive done about 175 dives in my ND cortex, it hasn't got any better, i hate diving in it and its time to get rid of the thing as its making my diving more of an endurance test than fun. Then 100% of the people in my club that owned a cortex would have got rid of them.

When i get back from working abroad im going to get myself an O3 if ive got the money. If not either a Typhoon neoprene or ROHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom