Note to Self... STOP Losing Gear!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I lost my wife ... she claimed I spent too much time on ScubaBoard ... oh, and I seem to have misplaced every non-diving friend I ever knew ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sam, you are a special kind of talented to loose that much :shakehead:. The only thing I have lost is a lip guard for a regulator on a very busy and gear crammed boat...now I actually miss it with water getting colder

I lost my wife ... she claimed I spent too much time on ScubaBoard ... oh, and I seem to have misplaced every non-diving friend I ever knew ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My non-diving friends call to make sure I'm still alive and know they won't see me during the local dive season. :D

My non-diving friends call to make sure I'm still alive and know they won't see me during the local dive season. :D

... dive season ???

:idk:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sam, you are a special kind of talented to loose that much :shakehead:. The only thing I have lost is a lip guard for a regulator on a very busy and gear crammed boat...now I actually miss it with water getting colder

:blush: Thanks, Melanie.

I feel very special in a :shortbus: kinda way. It took my colleague pointing out all the items I'd lost for me to realize I have a problem. I only remembered the larger ticket items but he reminded me cause it's a running joke with him.

Every time I return from a dive trip or a dive weekend, he asks how the dives went and what I lost. I never realized he kept a mental list of my losses. :rofl3:

I seem to have a knack for finding lost gear :D

I figure in about another 6 month's ill have a full second set of gear

I don't remember if I lost a lot of things when I first started diving, but the first week as a working diver I lost 25% of the stuff I took in the water.

Ashamed and concerned about giving the wrong impression, I decided to solve the problem by strapping everything to me. The senior diver told me I was NOT to strap anything to me, so what am I going to do? I asked. With the hardest look anyone has ever given me, he just said: Don't lose your stuff.

Well I managed to follow his order, looking back I realize that what I did was mainly slow down and be more deliberate about all my moves. Set a routine, get your gear in the bag following the same order, gear up the same all the time, get in the water without rushing, be more aware of yourself and of your surroundings, slow down to a fifth or a tenth of your present speed.

I seem to have a knack for finding lost gear :D

I figure in about another 6 month's ill have a full second set of gear

that is a good knack to have, I'm pretty good at it too but there are things very difficult to find. People that lose their knives should be considerate enough to throw away the sheaths as soon as they can, or the other way around. I have so many knives without sheaths and sheaths without knives... that's just not right.

that is a good knack to have, I'm pretty good at it too but there are things very difficult to find. People that lose their knives should be considerate enough to throw away the sheaths as soon as they can, or the other way around. I have so many knives without sheaths and sheaths without knives... that's just not right.

Do the various knives fit into the various sheaths? :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom