Nubble - 1/1/08 1st dive of year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
Tim K and I made the trek out to Nubble for our first dive of year. We arrived around 10:15ish. The water was calm and very light wind. Totally intimidating with snow along the rocks. The rocks towards the water were very slick with green moss so we really took it easy getting in and out. I'm pleased to say neither of us fell on our buts.

We suited up quickly to get in before the coming snow storm. We were both in at 10:48 and made a 40 min dive. The vis was average. (17-20 feet) My dive computer read 39 degrees at surface with 35 degrees being the coldest (just after entered)

We dove to point of island and went to other side for about 15 min before heading back in. We crossed across the sand towards the entry point and just dove along the left part of entry point (around 15-20 fsw) Max depth 52 FSW

overall, a good dive and glad went. As we were starting to leave, it started with wintery rain/wet snow.

Time to send the regs and BC in for annual servicing.

Man your fast to the computer! Here's some pics from the dive -- thanks for driving:D

Attachments

• PICT0011.JPG
    PICT0011.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 70
  • PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 67
  • PICT0013.JPG
    PICT0013.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 72
  • PICT0014.JPG
    PICT0014.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 74
  • PICT0015.JPG
    PICT0015.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 89
You should put that "tough guy" shot of you standing in the snow wearing nothing but shorts and wetsuit boots on the cover of your logbook. That way the next time you are on vacation in the tropics and the dive boat operator asks for your logs it will be the first thing they see. :D

Good idea! Now, if I could just make to the tropics. Might work around here this spring come to think of it - charter Captain asks "aren't you going to be cold diving in that wet suit"? "Naw, half the time don't even use a wetsuit, see".

Actually, by the time the picture was taken, I was pretty much numb from trying to towel off in the wind so standing there for the picture really wasn't all that bad except for the soaking wet swimsuit. I think the wind chill was around 27 or so (37 degrees with 20mph winds). I'm afraid it might be several days before I can stand up to P . :shakehead:

My wife has a hummer wantabe (honda element) and we love it but she promises me that if I put dive gear in it I will be singing with a high voice. Wanted to put a trailer hitch to tow my rib on it ( save on fuel instead of my diesel 350 at $3.60@ gal) but not sure it would handle it well and if i dented it or anything go wrong I would be up sht creek

Wow and you dove wet very cool.:thumbs_up:

My wife has a hummer wantabe (honda element) and we love it but she promises me that if I put dive gear in it I will be singing with a high voice. Wanted to put a trailer hitch to tow my rib on it ( save on fuel instead of my diesel 350 at $3.60@ gal) but not sure it would handle it well and if i dented it or anything go wrong I would be up sht creek

I purposely bought it for this reason.. My previous dive rig (Saab 900 s) wasn't practical. With seats up, I can carry mine and buddies gear. I love the tail gate so can set up doubles on it or plop down with them after a dive. (400 lb capacity) It's all rubber in back. With no carpets and all rubber back there, easy to sweep out sand, towel up salt water. The seats are even waterproof. I did buy the cargo mat to capture the salt water though. I love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom