Oceanic Atom 1 dead - options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SmileMon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello,

The short story is, I was living in the US, bought an Oceanic Atom 1 around February, 2006, now its dead (too alive to be exact, it shows depths I've never went to, looks cool on the dive log though.. :wink:).

Now I live in Israel, warranty is for 2 years (is it?), what are my options?

In the beginning I thought its a battery thing, so I took it out, now it won't even go into DC mode, just shows ALT flashing, my guess, a bad depth sensor.

Thank you guys!

Contact Oceanic they if it is out of warranty it cost $150 to have it repaired or at your option they will replace it with an Atom 2.0 for the same price but you get a new warranty. I took advantage of this deal last spring so only thing is the price may have increased but it's a hard deal to pass up.

Definitely get the upgrade if that is an option. one of the inexplicable design faults of the atom one is that it drains the battery. I have been told the maximum life of a new battery will only be 3-6 months. Mind, if you do take the upgrade to the atom 2, check the serial numbers as oceanic have had to recall a range of their atom 2 products.

Woooohooooooo!
I just got my new and and shiny upgrade!

I would like to thank Mark Lane for the great service and patience, he's one of the best support people I had the pleasure emailing with.
I was a bit afraid at first to use international mail for replacing the dc, but now that I got it for such a great price, I can't be any happier.

Thanks again everyone, for the advices and thanks again to Mark.

Now I just need to find the time to jump in the water :)

For reference if anyone else is considering an atom 1.0 to 2.0 upgrade, the current upgrade pricing is $200.00.

I recently choose the upgrade option myself. It was explained that two major differences are that the 2.0 displays tank pressure on the main screen and has 2 separate processors for the clock and dive computer. The 2 processor design should allow for better battery life as the dive processor and electronics would be shut down most of the time.

Last edited:
Can we upgrade from the Atom 2.0 to the OC1?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom