Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus 2.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

svnipp

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking for feedback on this comp. This is part of a ScubaToys package that seems almost too good to be true. This package only slightly stretches the budget, and I never thought I would come close to the budget with a $750 comp. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Used one for a long time, and still have. Solid and reliable equipment.

Also available from Oceanic as a "service upgrade" from a Datamax Pro Plus for $370.

I'm really happy with mine... easy to read, day or night. I can put in a plug for the on-line class mentioned by DiveNav, too; It was a great way to get comfortable with the computer before diving with it.

Same comp, but a new question.

I took it for a spin around the pond for the first time today, and everything seemed to be really great with one exception... The temperature seemed to respond extremely slowly to the thermoclines. Surface water temp was a nice bath water 90F and I'm not arguing the indicator here. However, when I dropped down to about 30 to 35 feet I would swear that the temp was below 70F, probably closer to 65F however the comp never dropped below 78F. I sure didn't stay down in the cold for long, but I figured a couple of minutes should be plenty of time for the temp to get an accurate read.

Any thoughts on this?

I would like to know what store he is with so you can verify through Oceanic if they will honor the warranty.

If I am not mistaken, you have to buy it from an authorized dealer for the warrenty. I just had to get an RA # for the USB cable for this computer, and that is one of the questions they asked me, Where did I buy it from. They then confirmed that they were an authorized dealer. We have three of these computers, 2 of the 2.1 and one of the 2.0. We really like them, very easy to see. I have also noticed the temp being off. One of the last times we went out, my daughters (2.0) one read 108 degrees, Which made us feel a little better because the true temp was more like 58.

I would like to know what store he is with so you can verify through Oceanic if they will honor the warranty.

I'd also be very concerned about this. I'd also recommend getting the actual dive shop name he claims to be working out of and confirming on the Oceanic website that it's authorized.

You can also give Leisure Pro (or the other popular online vendors) a call and ask what their "actual" price is for the same PC. It's often quite a bit cheaper than what is advertised (for example, my brand new Geo 2.0: list 429.00 paid 299ish).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom