Oceanic Delta 4 vs. Apex XTX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Tech:
Figured that was you, C.R.

Remember, In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act!!!

YOU MOVED CNC AND CHROME TO CHINA YET OR WHAT?

See you in Aug. CD

Being done in both.

cerich:
Hey the Apeks are great regs, no question, so is the Delta 4 (and IMHO a better value).

Your comments on the enviornmental seal honestly don't make sense from an engineering basis. What effect will salt have on it? It's sealed... The FDX10 first also has a different enviornmental seal than the CDX5, DX series as well so take a look at THIS reg.
As far as the mechanical vs. pneumanical second, I'm gonna give you that GENERALLY the pneumatical will perform better, but you obviously haven't used a DELTA 4 yet if you think that is the case here.:D

As far as rinsing your regs go, heck leave the dust cap off our Delta 4 it doesn't matter with DVT and I'd put money the Delta 4 will handle not being rinsed as well or better than Apeks....

As for value, I cannot talk to that except for here where I am the Delta is always at the same price as the Apeks.

In regards to my comments, of course they wouldn't make sense from an engineering basis, they are from field use. My whole point was that the seal does not tend to hold up as well as the apeks. Now whether that is because it is hand tightened and the apeks is done with a pin wrench is another story. Although I can appreciate the science behind the theory that water will not condense and freeze on the plastic cap (a la Zeagle) as easily as the metal ApeksThe bottom line is that I have opened up far more Oceanic's with breached seals than Apeks, and I know your first reply will be that it is because it was not re-installed correctly to begin with.

Also, I have taken a look at this reg first hand. Not sure how you say it's different. I will have to double check that, however it appears to be the same seal as the DX series except coloured blue. Again though, I will not argue against it just yet anyway.

Yes I have obviously used a Delta series reg, and do not, nor have disputed the breathing characteristics of the regulator. Trust me I am not the guy who claims to discern the difference of his own reg because its the one he bought.

Lastly, I will give you credit for your DVT. It appears to work well, and looks a little better (from the engineering side) than the Aqualung ACD.

Finally, thumbs up on the comfort swivel, angle ported first stage, and I would be interested in trying the pneumatically balanced one (ZX).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom