Oceanic Oceanlog software...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I will chime in.

I have an Atom and love it!
I use the Oceanlog Atom software and despise it!
I won't list all the things I hate about the Oceanlog software because I have better things to do.
Its functional software that I use and thats it.

I export my dives as csv and import them into Scubase so that I can use a more powerful software product but the problem is that most information is not exported in the export function and I end up doing alot of data entry.

Maybe someday Scubase can directly importthe Atom, Wouldn't that be cool.

My wife uses a VT-Pro and Scubase imports all dive info beautifully right from the access database.

I have considered creating my own query to export data from the ATOM MDB file but I am not real excited about it. I know I could create a custom import in Scubase to read it. Scubase Rocks!
Scooter

bjornb:
According to this page:
http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/new_products.html

There will be a new software version in Jan 2006 (Oceanlog 2.0). The page also mentions the new atom computer (2.0).

OceanLog 2.0 PC Interface
The all-new OceanLog PC Interface is built on the ATOM Wristwatch software platform for improved user-interface, graphic respresentation, and sorting of dive data. Supports the Diver's Alert Network's PDE Program.

I am not sure this is a good thing. I didn't like the Atom Software or the lack of export all dive data capibility. They mention sorting of dives, I wonder if thats been improved because the old software messed up the order. My Last dives I imported were imported as my first lifetime dives and all others were shifted down.

I was much more interested in the ATOM 2.0. They made some great and needed improbements like pressure on the primary display and the ability to check buddy pressures. I do the buddy pressure check now but it uses thier pressure in my calcs when I swich and that could be a problem so I stopped doing it.

Scooter

Back
Top Bottom