Oceanlog 2.2.7 build 03.03.10 issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZippyBoy

Registered
Reaction score
I need quick help....

I'm using:

Proplus II
Oceanlog 2.2.7 build 03.03.10
HP netbook
Windows 7

Issue: The software and proplus are speaking top each other and infact I can download today's dives. The software won't recognize any dives old than today. The dive history on the Proplus is full of older dives.

I've tried changing the date on the PC and opening a new log. The software still won't recognize the older dives in the computer.

I need help as I am on vacation (Truk) and don't want to lose the older dives saved to the computers memory.

You left off a lot of information, we know the visual log has 24 dives but we don't know how many dives you can download how long your dives were and the sample rate that you have the computer set for.

The pro plus 2 has a very small memory buffer to save logs. 512k as I remember. If you change the save period from 2 seconds to 15, it will save many more days of dives, but not at the same accuracy. Saved logs on the pc is differnent than the dive computer. the DC only needs know enough of the last dives data to calc for the current dive. The download saves alot more info than the dc needs, so it is wipes it out.

for an expsivie computer, 512k is B.S.

Thanks for the quick replies. The Oceanic folks alerted me to the fact that the computer was set to 2 sec intervals and therefore, the memory was only good for about 2 dives. I must have reset the data logging setting when I loaded the new oceanlog software on my new laptop.....bummer. lost data on 9 dives in Truk.

Have it set to 15 sec intervals now and plan on downloading every other day (now in Palau :D ).

I asked about a memory upgrade and it doesn't sound like that is in the works. I love this computer but tech is getting very dated. :depressed:

Beneath the Sea coming up......may take the opportunity to upgrade then.

Thanks for the quick replies.......

Thanks for the quick replies. The Oceanic folks alerted me to the fact that the computer was set to 2 sec intervals and therefore, the memory was only good for about 2 dives. I must have reset the data logging setting when I loaded the new oceanlog software on my new laptop.....bummer. lost data on 9 dives in Truk.

Have it set to 15 sec intervals now and plan on downloading every other day (now in Palau :D ).

I asked about a memory upgrade and it doesn't sound like that is in the works. I love this computer but tech is getting very dated. :depressed:

Beneath the Sea coming up......may take the opportunity to upgrade then.

Thanks for the quick replies.......

I'm not sure what the need for 2 second sampling is for a routine dive profile. I personally use 30 seconds and my Versa Pro will hold at least 25 dives (typical week on a liveaboard).

Sampling Rate Options 256K Memory Capacity 512K Memory Capacity

60 seconds 50-60 Hours
30 seconds 25-30 Hours
15 seconds 12-15 Hours
2 seconds 1.5-2 Hours

60 seconds 100-110 Hours
30 seconds 50-55 Hours
15 seconds 25-30 Hours
2 seconds 4-5 Hours

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom