Oceanlog 3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone tested this application -- Diving Log 4.0 - Scuba Log, Scuba Logbook, Dive Log, Divelog - Logbook software for scuba diving - Logbuch Software zum Tauchen
With an Oceanic computer? It says it supports a lot of models.

I wonder how the data gets into it? -- Does it use the same procedure as if your using the Oceanlog software?

No disrespect to Oceanic by posting this link (I love your products) -- I am just curious how the data gets into it and if it addresses the shortcomings some people have with Oceanlog.

Last edited:
Has anyone tested this application -- Diving Log 4.0 - Scuba Log, Scuba Logbook, Dive Log, Divelog - Logbook software for scuba diving - Logbuch Software zum Tauchen
With an Oceanic computer? It says it supports a lot of models.

I wonder how the data gets into it? -- Does it use the same procedure as if your using the Oceanlog software?

No disrespect to Oceanic by posting this link (I love your products) -- I am just curious how the data gets into it and if it addresses the shortcomings some people have with Oceanlog.

From Divinglog:

Diving Log currently can't download yet directly from Oceanic computers. You must download with Oceanlog software and then import the dives into Diving Log using the Oceanlog import function.

A direct download is planned in the future. If you have further questions, please feel free to write me.

As Teamcasa stated, DivingLog uses a DB import to read dive data from the OceanLog database after OceanLog downloads from the computer. This is what I have been doing for a long time now. I have shared my code with Sven who is working on version 5.0 of Diving Log and he also has access to the code written by Jef who is also on here. As work continues on the 3rd party dive computer libraries, more computers will be supported natively by more 3rd party dive log software.

Cool...thanks Andy!

I admit to loving the interface (yes RA interface IS important to many...go talk to Apple) of DiveLog over the Oceanic version, and I can see customized log print outs to be a good thing.

As far as the "direct to DAN" issue...I would LOVE that. Why? Simple...I am a freaking busy human. I fly, SCUBA, work a ton as a Director in my company, and still have to mow the lawn, wash the cars, spend time with the wife, etc. So YES, even saving a minute or two in my busy life is something I am happy to do and thus would support such an effort by Oceanic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom