Oceanlog Download

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter69_56

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am trying to download Oceanlog 2.4.3 via Oceanlog but every time I tell it to download, Oceanlog closes and the associated download window closes as well then nothing happens. This happens on my laptop as well as my PC. Any suggestions?

Plenty already posting on this. Very typical for ocean log updates. Go immediately and D/L Divelog 5.0 and all your troubles will disappear.

You should have a look at www.diveboard.com - all online and with browser plugin to download direct from your computer. And its FREE.

I have an Oceanic ProPlus 2 and my log book is full 105 dives :)
I'm considering whether I really want to shell out the $90.00 for the usb cable.
I know that Oceanic has it's own software program, but I'm wondering if logging dives
has any great purpose now that I have my AOW and don't really see myself adding any other specialty
courses or certifications.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Jim

I'm considering whether I really want to shell out the $90.00 for the usb cable.
I know that Oceanic has it's own software program, but I'm wondering if logging dives
has any great purpose now that I have my AOW and don't really see myself adding any other specialty
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Jim

The question of "whether to log" is different than "where to log". I have most of my dives logged for 20 years and I truly enjoy looking back at comments, and suggesting dive operations or sites to my friends. The $90 may not be a good investment for everyone but you may change your mind in another 100 dives and then have to log twice as many :)

As to "where", TheTrickster above has pointed out that online divelogs like diveboard or divelogs.de are free and can upload a variety of file types. I opted for Divelog 5.0 because it IMO is the most complete package.

Plenty already posting on this. Very typical for ocean log updates. Go immediately and D/L Divelog 5.0 and all your troubles will disappear.

Have you been able to upload dives directly from your Oceanic dive computer to Divelog 5.0? It seems the only way to do it is to first upload them to Oceanlog and then import them to Divelog.

---------- Post added October 16th, 2013 at 09:56 AM ----------

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Jim

I find the logbook helpful if I am diving somewhere that I haven't been to in a while. It comes in handy looking up which wetsuit/drysuit thickness worked well, and of course, the amount of weights. It hasn't happened yet, but there may be some dive ops that want to see if you have recently dove. The Divelog 5.0 program does come in handy because it links to several smartphone apps. I have my log and photos of my certifications easily available.

Have you been able to upload dives directly from your Oceanic dive computer to Divelog 5.0? It seems the only way to do it is to first upload them to Oceanlog and then import them to Divelog.

---------- Post added October 16th, 2013 at 09:56 AM ----------

I find the logbook helpful if I am diving somewhere that I haven't been to in a while. It comes in handy looking up which wetsuit/drysuit thickness worked well, and of course, the amount of weights. It hasn't happened yet, but there may be some dive ops that want to see if you have recently dove. The Divelog 5.0 program does come in handy because it links to several smartphone apps. I have my log and photos of my certifications easily available.

Divelog 5.0 uploads dives from the VT3 and or Datamask directly through the cable via USB. There are many other supported computers as well. The guy who made DL5.0 is amazing and constantly enhancing the software.

Oceanlog is giving me an error message for every of my PP3 log. So I decided to try Divelog and ended up purchased it after 30 minutes. I can import my PP3 logs directly into Divelog. It is under File - Download - Downloader.

Oceanlog is giving me an error message for every of my PP3 log. So I decided to try Divelog and ended up purchased it after 30 minutes. I can import my PP3 logs directly into Divelog. It is under File - Download - Downloader.

:cheerleader:You won't be disappointed. The program is unbelievably rich in features and works on every platform. I also use the iphone version which is almost as good as the desktop one. Email Sven directly if you have any questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom