Oceanlog issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, third try is the charm. I finally was able to get the PDC (PP2.1) to talk to Oceanlog 2.x. BTW, the support telephone number goes straight to a voice mailbox, which is full.

Turns out my biggest problem is that the cable was upside down. :doh:

Why in the world would anyone in the 21st century manufacture a cable interface that was bi-directional if the feature would not function in both positions???? :shakehead:

After all that effort I have to say I'm not terribly impressed with Oceanlog. Does anyone know how to change the initial "Life Time Dive #" so the printed pages will be sequential with your current log? And the total down time?

The whole "right click to ADD" for field entry is lame and non-intuitive also.

And a rhetorical question: Why do they show SAC when they are actually calculating RMV?

EDIT: Ron at Oceanic returned my email within 3 hours. He sent additional documentation and offered to talk me through it. Of course, it's fixed now. But wanted to give Oceanic credit for responding.

Addendum: Once I successfully installed Oceanlog it finally allowed me to change my Life Time Dives on the Personal Info area. The the dives were numbered accordingly. Still haven't figured out how to change or input initial Total Dive Time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax
My fix was to uninstall both Oceanlog and the USB drivers for the cable, then reinstall the USB drivers from the website (which are not the same drivers that came on CD-ROM with my VT4) and the Oceanlog BETA. Still, this is terrible software and I have low confidence that I won't have more problems with it. As for trying to update Oceanlog to match my existing dive log, that is a challenge for another day. Everyone's responses were of great help, so thanks for taking the time to share your experiences.

Anyone know how to edit the "Standard Log Book (A5 size format)" ? The size would fit nicely in my log book, but I don't need "Tank 1" "Tank 2" "Tank 3" space taken up. There's a lot of wasted space on this format and I'd like to tighten it up and alter the data shown.

How about exporting? Any experience with that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom