Oceanlog Software 2.2.6 version 10.13.09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZippyBoy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to download my recent dives into my Dell XPS running Windows XP. Never had an issue in the past, today I'm getting to following error message.....

Run Time Error '94':
Invalid use of Null

error is only displayed when I click on the "Dive Computer" option under configuration. I've testing with the computer connected and in PC download mode as well as with the dive computer disconnected....

Any thoughts?

What kind of computer.. VEO 250?? happens to me as well. Me thinks they don't have much quality control...

I have a ProPlus II. Funny thing is, I can download the dives using the original version of Oceanlog with no issues. The download problem is specific to the new version of Oceanlog.

What kind of computer.. VEO 250?? happens to me as well. Me thinks they don't have much quality control...

Dude get a clue it's not the dive computer. It been working something change on the PC. It either the PC or data entered in the software.

ZippyBoy try the repair using the software or delete the late dives and redownload your computer to clear the bad data entree.

@NCadiver.... Dude.. have a clue, you dont. Worked previous build (as his did) doesnt now.. app gets a 'null' or divide by zero error in its runtime DLL after the data is imported... do you know what that means??? I do... Re-importing doesnt help..

danwig....dude....others including myself have run into this error and cleared it up. It isn't an Oceanlog error or a PDC error for that matter but something that just happens with some users software/hardware configuration. Good news is that nearly all of us have been able to get past the error by either rebooting our PC and switching the USB port we plug our download adapters in or reloading the USB adapter software or even using windows add or remove software console to do a fix error reload of the Oceanlog software.
These errors happen when dealing with new software but how we deal with it separates the computer users with some expertise from those that can just press the buttons.
As for errors in runtime DLLs it sounds like you know more about the "Dynamic Link Library" but apparently you don't know as much as you think you do! This is a driver issue between Oceanlog and its download adapter driver. Rebooting clears out the driver cache and switching USB port forces the Oceanlog software to refresh the driver DLL as it calls it up for use.
In any case no manufacturer could be 100% positive that their software can run without these issues on all PC without these little glitches that's what tech support is for.

Danwig apparently has ax to with Oceanic, just check out ten of his last 15 posts :shakehead:

And for the record, the current version of Oceanlog is 2.2.7

I also noted the OP states "I can download the dives using the original version of Oceanlog with no issues" - if both versions are on the same box or laptop, I think that's a problem.

I think you hit the nail on the head with Danwig and the OP.
If it is 2 versions 2.x of Oceanlog on the same box.
It is possible to run both the 1.x and 2.x on the same box without problems.

@RAWalker It doesnt happen during download, it happens after download with the computer not even plugged in.. so I dont know what you are talking about driver incompatibility, driver downloads.I sure hope its not using driver cache here a week later after I put the computer in the drawer, 5 reboots later, and the Dive Computer not plugged in. sounds like you dont know as much as you think you do....

It seems to be between the software and its DB, and I have tried dumping and reloading and re-importing from saved logs to no avail... it even happens on dives logged 3 years ago now... its dies on those simply attempting to click on the panel (you dont even get the choice, probably because VEO250 was already selected...

As far as an axe to grind with Oceanic.. yes, I am not happy with them lately after many years of loyalty.. some of their answers and lack of answers together with a seemingly unreasonable service policy have me and other upset.. but Oceanlog has never been a stellar program anyway, and the constant regressions are a sense of frustration.. Some of my buddies just hacked into their db files and wrote their own apps based on the data, but I have always just tried to stay with the mainline app...

@RAWalker It doesnt happen during download, it happens after download with the computer not even plugged in.. so I dont know what you are talking about driver incompatibility, driver downloads.I sure hope its not using driver cache here a week later after I put the computer in the drawer, 5 reboots later, and the Dive Computer not plugged in. sounds like you dont know as much as you think you do....

It seems to be between the software and its DB, and I have tried dumping and reloading and re-importing from saved logs to no avail... it even happens on dives logged 3 years ago now... its dies on those simply attempting to click on the panel (you dont even get the choice, probably because VEO250 was already selected...

As far as an axe to grind with Oceanic.. yes, I am not happy with them lately after many years of loyalty.. some of their answers and lack of answers together with a seemingly unreasonable service policy have me and other upset.. but Oceanlog has never been a stellar program anyway, and the constant regressions are a sense of frustration.. Some of my buddies just hacked into their db files and wrote their own apps based on the data, but I have always just tried to stay with the mainline app...

RAWalker know alot more about the software then you do he done a lot of work with it over the last year. If the two things I mention to ZippyBoy does work the one more thing with the DAO file that will fix it and that a microsoft file.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom