October MegaDive preplanning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Er , since my car blew a Radiator (etc) and I couldn't make the Invasion , I would assume I have to BRIBE someone to get into da Megadive. (sigh)

So , I get down on my knees and plead...

Oh Great Megadive Peoples , can you take for admission a Bean?

(unsigned due to shame)

Mojospos:
Where are you guys holding this Octoberfest and is it open to everyone?

Debi :turtle:

Mega-Dive is always held at Ginnie Springs and EVERY Conch event is ALWAYS OPEN TO EVERYONE. We love to meet new people, I hope you can make this event.

Jean we did miss you at the Invasion and you know Mega-Dive would not be the same without you.

scubafool:
So you were at the Supreme Council meeting as well, huh?
Uh, yeah, I think so! :D :cheers:

jeandiver:
Er , since my car blew a Radiator (etc) and I couldn't make the Invasion , I would assume I have to BRIBE someone to get into da Megadive. (sigh)

So , I get down on my knees and plead...

Oh Great Megadive Peoples , can you take for admission a Bean?

(unsigned due to shame)

Heck Jean you are so close to Ginnie you could walk to the Megadive:rofl3: So you can't use the "car broke down thingy" Course you may want a Radio Flyer to pull along with your doubles:rofl3:

I missed the last one due to previous comittment, I am hoping to make this one, I want to see a galaxy dive!! and pick geetar with Andy. Course the sheep that come to this dive have me a little frightened:shakehead

This is great. High springs is really close to where I'll be!! Yeah... Since I don't know everyone's personalities, I have to go ahead and extend this: Jean, if you really need a ride, count on me. I can find you and get you. :D Then take you with me. (beginning to sound like a freak, not intentional I assure you) At any rate...I can give you a ride if need be.

I don't have a dive buddy, I don't have equipment. Hopefully over the next year, I will be rectifing both matters. But in the mean time, I would need to rent some for the immediate dives that I'm hoping to go on. Any suggestions? Also does anyone have anything that they're willing to sell?

Is the Mega-Dive something that I need to plan on bringing some food to? Love to cook, so just let me know. If my husband gets his cert before October, he'll be coming along also. Even if he doesn't he'll propably be coming along, only not diving. Oh well. If someone wouldn't mind, let me know what I should expect and what I should be looking at bringing. Thanks....

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

HIya Debi,
Since this is just the planning thread, it is still all about dates and such. Once the "Official" thread gets started, there will be a calendar to sign up, and an ongoing list of stuff to bring. In the past the general schedule is something like this:
Show up on Friday
Start drinking
Set up tent and personal camping area
Get another drink
Grab a bite to eat
If you have kids, let them play a bit in non shark infested water while you sit there and drink.
Sit around the campfire telling (true) stories and drinking
Go to bed.
Get up Saturday morning
Dive
Eat Brekky
Dive
Dive
Eat Lunch
dive
Galaxy Dive
Drink
Put kids to bed after s'mores and marshmallow gun fights around the campfire.
Drink
Sleep
Get up
Eat Brekky
Breakdown camp
Lotsa hugs
Go home.

Mojospos:
Where are you guys holding this Octoberfest and is it open to everyone?

Welcome Debi with a "i" :wink:
Well now this depends .... after last year I would say .... we need auditions for campfire singers...... So can you sing? :rofl3:

If not just bring rum :D
Kim P

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom