Ohhh check out my big megs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
Hmmm.. I found some teeth today. :)
Well....... ya gonna post any :11: pics??! :D

Lil38:
Well....... ya gonna post any :11: pics??! :D

Mebbe.. it was a nice 3" meg that looks like it had some rock tumbler action (its all smooth) multicolored and the tip is broken off. Its got some character.

Then Jeff and I traded some teeth for some old gear this guy wasn't able to use any more due to health conditions. So we got 3 sets of fins, regs & spg's, and an old old BC.

The second dive was at Service Club.There were some folks who were fairly far out, Jeff and I were there for exploratory diving and to burn off his nitrox tanks that are in need of service. If your toothin, thats not exactly the hot bed for shore dive hunting. IF your into checking out some nice reef that has managed to not be obliterated by the renourishment projects. Strangely enough it was on the reef among the little plants i found all but 3 of the teeth on my second dive.

I'm guessing from the distance the other guys were out and the speed at which the flags went out (I watched one) that the fellas had DPV's.

They did have a dpv. It was next to the van. Nice one too.

A few teeth, nothing like colins meg, though.

anyone know anything about the aqualung calypso 4?

Someone had posted earlier about making a meg necklace, attached is one I found 2 years ago and have worn ever since, my son and daughter also wear one made of megs found off Venice

adurso:
.............. attached is one I found 2 years ago......
Uh.....don't see an attachment?

OK let's try this again, first attachment did not seem to work

adurso:
There, that's better. Nice!

Went to Service Club this morning and got 4 meg's the largest 4 1/2" with 1 small nick in the edge. The others are in the 2"-2 3/4" range one is the chocolate brown color. About 50 small teeth and a horse conch. Found them in the 20'+ depths.
Will post pic after they are clean.
Also saw a big *** flounder, if I had a catch bag he would have been tonigths dinner.

man, we gots to hook up and dive! I have to see what your doing different than what I am. BTW, I found yeseterdays meggie on the beach side of a cluster of rocks after moving the red seaweed aside. Just sittin there pretty as a picture.. it was like finding an easter egg! :lol:

I got the one I found last year wire wrapped at a nice little jewelery store in Venice Beach. I wear it with a real thick silver byzantine chain. I LOVE it! I would post a pick of it but I am afraid to post any pics anymore!

Nice tooth. I think wearing sharks teeth (especially megs) shows a certain indepenence about oneself. Thanks for posting the pic. It is a great piece.

adurso:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom