Ohhh check out my big megs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indeed not, after around 40 dives at Vb, my largest meg is 3 1/2"

Walter:
Five inch teeth are not common. Great finds.

Just to help with some information as to why Venice yeilds the megs that it does, particularly in the smaller sizes (a juvinile megalodon was only 7' when born ya know) is the area is believe to have been sort of a Meg nursury. Given that sharks are hungry when born, and to a 7' baby, something like dolphins, dugongs, and manatee's would make a good starter meal! Farther off shore where its a little deeper you find the bigger ones from more mature megs.

Gosh where did you get them?

jdh:
My background isn't as nice, but here are some North Carolina teeth.

Oh Walter how fun!

Walter:
Of course it's right. It's just disturbing coming from Joe.

I was being serious too and look what has happened to me!

Lightning Fish:
Pardon me if I happen to project some seriousness into this thread. But can some one define "megs" for me and how "megs" relates to teeth or fossils?

Cheers,
Bill.

jdh:
My background isn't as nice, but here are some North Carolina teeth.

When I was stationed at Camp Lejeune and doing ops off Onslow beach we would occasionally find teeth. Should have kept them :11doh:

eandiver:
When I was stationed at Camp Lejeune and doing ops off Onslow beach we would occasionally find teeth. Should have kept them :11doh:

Mark, I'm tellin ya man, your just not up to par lately :D

Itote:
Mark, I'm tellin ya man, your just not up to par lately :D

I take it that you feel this way after calling me in the middle of my going away party last night?

Ooooooooh my head hurts this morning............................

like the song goes:

"It could have been the whiskey, might have been the gin, could have been the three whole six-packs, I don't but look at the shape I'm in, my head is like a football, I think I'm gonna die, telling me oh me oh my........wasn't that a party" :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom