Oil Rig Trips out of Corpus Christi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichaelBaranows:
I have never heard of them and their website isn't working. It looks like it is going to be rough this weekend.

If you mean the Out to Sea Adventures site, the links on the homepage are all set to the ... homepage. I guess their web guru violated a safety stop. But if you click on the link I gave it takes you to their Diving page, from which all the links do work. Not bad prices, at least compared to Freeport charters.

RH, That link works and the prices looked good. I was thinking those prices looked nice. I would like to dive down in Port A and might be better to dive with them for atleast the first time. I was thinking they were out of freeport not Port A so that is probably why I haven't heard about them.

ReefHound:
Not bad prices

Those are not the correct prices. As I wrote, their website is out of date. We are going out this weekend to do a couple of deco dives and they are charging us $200.

L

I think that 'out to sea adventures' is Captian Mike Miglini, captian of the Orion.

I have been out with Capt. Mike several times and they have been the best rig trips I have ever been on.

Captian Miglini is an excellent spear fisherman and he and the usual crew sure do know how to put on a memorable and enjoyable trip.

Usually Capt. Mike Wofford is along on the trip to drive the boat and manage the exit and entry from the boat.

Skip Dominguez is a spearfishing divemaster who is always along. Skip and Mike Miglini are in the water with the divers to make sure everything goes well.

Captian Terry Browning is another spearfisher who may be along. Capt. Browning lives up by Canyon Lake and had by far the best prices on Biller guns when I got my 54" from him.

These guys are tournament spearo's who can help with rigging and all spearfishing info.

The trips are three tank trips. Often we dive a tank on a rig and if the rig is good, spend the surface interval snorkeling (and perhaps shooting a fishy or two). After the second tank it's on to find another good rig. Or perhaps after the first tank we go looking for another good rig.

The Orion crew run a down line from the stern of the Orion to the rig at a depth of about 40 feet, so you can pull yourself to the rig while saving some air and there is a clear path back to the boat if you can't see it. They usually hang a tank at a good deco depth, just in case and also hang a line to attach the spearguns so you don't have to board with them. There is always somebody to help you exit and board the boat and that person will be experienced and get things right.

Sometimes Capt. Mike M will shoot a variety of fish and prepare some sample sushi, yummy.

We do a bit of line fishing on the return trip, my best friend once had a 40 minute fight with a fish on the line.

Finally, Skip and Mike M have been known to come over to the fish cleaning station to guide new fish cutter uppers in the cleaning.

Needless to say I'm going out with them a few times this summer.

Gotta go now and make some fresh bands.

Hope to see some of you guys on the Orion.

And, no I don't get a kickback for talking up the Orion.

PS, anybody remember the 'Shark Hunter Express', or whatever it was called?

Back
Top Bottom