Oil spill going to reach us by Monday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm cautiously optimistic. The Gulf is full of oil-eating critters, and the crap coming out isn't black-tar grade oil. If they can get the flow shut down, or at least reduced, then we may dodge a (worse) bullet.

It's hard to know what to believe though. On one hand we have BP spinning things towards the best light, and on the other hand we have the press that's wetting it's pants about things that have not yet happened. I suspect the truth is (as always) somewhere in the middle.

Agreed..

For those that can, try as hard as you can to do something to protect your environment. BP doesn't have an answer on how to fix this catastrophe at the moment, which is the greatest crime. Oil companies can profit from natural resources, yet cannot find the money or resources to plan for such incidents. A prayer for you guys and your home, I am truly effected and saddened by this, because after it hits your shores, it hits mine. I will never buy BP gas again.

Back
Top Bottom