Okinawa Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Friend WaterDawg told me about this forum...very cool!

When you do a search about Fathoms, type in Japan Update, Fathoms, MCCS

You can also contact Doug at Reef Encounters 098-968-4442 or via his website at www.reefencounters.org

Hi is also prior military with a shop on Okinawa. He caters to both english and Japanese speaking customers. His staff will pick you up at the airport, take you to your hotel, make hotel and airline reservations for you. Take you diving with a divemaster provided. You name it, unlimited diving and traveling fun.

CrazyC

we'll soon have enough people to start our own NDI Chapter!

Welcome to more divers in Japan!

Jonathan

the "area" forums Neptune Diving International (I think) like "UK Wreck Ferrets" etc

Jonathan

Jonathan

Okinawa has a new forum at www.goatdawgs.com

There are a ton of divers on this Rock and the guys that created and run GoatDawgs are trying their best to get a group going here for more Okinawa specific diving information.

What's the diving like up in the mainland?

Bacaumi

MikeMc once bubbled...
Plan on doing some diving in Okinawa end of June / early July - anybody got info. for a good dive shop and CHEAP Place to stay ?
Thanks MikeMc

Hay Mike,

It's been more like 20 years since I've dove off Okinawa. I got my OW Cert there. I do remember it was nice. Bolo Point near the light house, the Kadena Sea Wall...

If you can, take some pictures of your dives and post them when you get back and let us all know how it was.

Scott

I dove with Rich while there last SEP. Went to the Keramas for a 2-tank trip on SAT and another 2-tank trip to another island off the northwest coast of Okinawa on SUN.

Had a great trip on both days and highly recommend Rich. Not only good service but the price was hard to beat. At that time he had an "in" with a small hotel next door to his shop for anyone looking for a cheap "Okinawa speaking" place to stay.

Rickg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom