Old Scubapro reg - what is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a link to the reg you have on the ScubaPro Museum site: First
I own one of these, but I have the later model with the 3000 psi yoke. In fact, if you page down a little bit in this forum, you will see where I was offering it for trade last month. I decided to keep it and use it for a pony bottle reg. For an older design reg, it breathes pretty good.

Wow! that's a great site.
MK3 / 108 it is.

Hi ZKY,
Luis H on the board here helped me a lot when I got a SP reg like that (R109). He really knows those regs. I was impressed with how simple they are, yet how well they perform. I've been diving mine regularily since.

Hi ZKY,
Luis H on the board here helped me a lot when I got a SP reg like that (R109). He really knows those regs. I was impressed with how simple they are, yet how well they perform. I've been diving mine regularily since.

I've actually been surprised at just how simple almost every regulator I've ever seen is. The only ones I've really had trouble wrapping my mind around are the Northhill Air Lung and the ScubaPro MK7. I don't think my modern dive buddies really believe me when I tell them that modern regulators are little changed from those of 50 years ago.

I bought a MK20/G200B in '99 and later bought a MK2/R190 for a stage bottle.
To be honest, I can't really tell a lot of difference between the two.
For the relatively shallow dives I do now (under 130 feet) I could have just bought the MK2 and saved a lot of money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom