Older Divers - Perceptions of the Youthful

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy43068:
I've got an SE2 and replaced it with Apex....If it works, no need to replace it.

At least see the comedy in putting those two sentences that close together. :)

JB

RockPile:
At least see the comedy in putting those two sentences that close together. :)

JB

you lost me on that one..

RockPile:
Walter, you're splitting hairs with me. Not switching to lighter regulators is a perfectly acceptable example of not adapting, whatever the reason.

JB

Not really, it's an example of not changing for the sake of change. Regulators have never been heavy enough for weight to be an issue. I have a MK 10/G250. It's only 20 years old and is a great reg, but the G250 has been cracked for many many years. If it were a Balanced Adjustable, it wouldn't be cracked. Give a compelling reason to change and most folks will. Keeping up with the Joneses isn't compelling for many.

El Orans:
Just one thought: how are their skills as divers?

+1

I don't care how old someone is, I care about their attituded toward diving and their buddies, followed by their skill level.

:)

Walter:
You said there's no need to replace it right after you said you replaced it.

I should have said.. it if works for you, don't replace it.

I wanted a better one, hence the "old guys" are willing to update. You Walter, however, are making his point. :D

Walter:
I am? I was the first one on my block to dive with a computer.........
Not that kind of computer Walter, an 8088 processor doesn't count! :monkeydan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom