OM-1/NA OM1 - Zoom gear for 12-50mm lens PROBLEM SOLVED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm moving this from my original posting so it doesn't get lost.

When I upgraded to the new OM-1 camera and Nauticam NA-OM1 housing I was very disappointed my old Nauticam 12-50mm zoom gear was incompatible with the new camera. A newer zoom gear was offered, but that was a failure as well.

This morning, I got an email from Nauticam saying they have a solution! Even better, it only involves the replacement of one ring and is much, much cheaper than buying a whole new set. Part E005-B1-050-1-A

Many, many thanks to Nauticam and Reef Photo for their patience and help.

95849 Installation guide.jpg

From what I can tell, it won't interfere with mounting the lens+gear on older Olympus, mirrorless, M4/3 cameras. Once on the camera, the new design should work in older housings. I say "should;" we'll wait and see.

From what I can tell, it won't interfere with mounting the lens+gear on older Olympus, mirrorless, M4/3 cameras. Once on the camera, the new design should work in older housings. I say "should;" we'll wait and see.

Please let us know once you have it in your own hands and have put it on the lens and tried it in both housings :)

Following this because I've started having issues with mine as well (using this lens with an EM5II in Nauticam housing).

Following this because I've started having issues with mine as well (using this lens with an EM5II in Nauticam housing).

What issues? The old gear is supposed to be compatible with the EM5II Nauticam housing. The only issue I know is compatibility with the NEW OM-1 Nauticam housing.

What issues? The old gear is supposed to be compatible with the EM5II Nauticam housing. The only issue I know is compatibility with the NEW OM-1 Nauticam housing.
I've been having issues with the zoom working. It's been awhile since I last troubleshooted it so will try again to refresh my memory.

The problem isn't noncompatibility with Nauticam housings.

The issue is you can't put the 12-50 lens + zoom gear onto newer Olympus cameras. (If you are physically blocked from putting the lens on the camera, it isn't going to work.)

The 12-50 lens uses electrical zoom; turn the control to the left or right a little to zoom in or out; zoom gear makes this possible. However, you cannot use EZ while the lens is in macro mode. Maybe this is what was troubling you. Been there, done that.

I finally got the replacement part to fix the problem with the Zuikio 12-50 mm lens gear and the OM-1. My lens plus zoom/gear can now be mounted on the OM-1 camera. Electronic zoom and macro controls both work in the Nauticam housings.

IMPORTANT: You have to put the lens in MACRO before you can mate it to the camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom