OMS Slipstream Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi guys,

I'm new to diving but I'm into long distance swimming. My instructor recommended that I use OMS Slipstream fins for both diving in warm water and both swimming. I would just like to say that these fins are really great. They provide alot of propulsion but the only problem is if you new to diving they are a bit on the heavy side. My problem now is I think I need to strengthen my legs to use these fins for long distance swimming. Might any of you recommend a good training fins to go with my OMS? Thanks

Slipstreams are a great neutral ballast fin. The design is timeless and basic. If you are trimming out a bit foot heavy they can be the best fin (although I love my Diverites).

XT's are slightly negative now that they have metal buckles, but for the purpose of this conversation they are neutral, in same category as Slipstreams, Mares Avante Quattro's, etc. Very few fins will actively float.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom