OMS Slipstream Size Large

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Lg have been available off and on at Leisurepro since September. I like mine a lot, and given that the supply has been so erratic, I have a second pair set aside in case I need them in the future.

Great news. I've looked at many webstores many times and never found them in stock. I'll keep looking.
What size foot do you have and what boot do you use?
Thanks;
Bill

I'm a size 9 1/2 and use both a light Pinnacle boot and one from Henderson with a heavier sole. I see the Lg Slipstreams are in stock at LeisurePro now. They're great for frog kicks, back kicks, and helicopter turns, and are easier for me to keep my feet up in than Jet fins.

You can also order Slipstreams from Cave Adventurers in FL. I called yesterday and they have all 3 sizes currently in stock. I've bought lights from them in the past and have found Edd and company to be extremely helpful.

I checked Leisurepro and they had them in stock. New Christmas present is on the way. Thanks for the info folks.
Bill

I received my L Slipstreams and thought I'd post some photos so folks can see that the L fins are actually significantly smaller then the XL. I think they will be ok for my wife even though they are smaller. The boot is smaller, but quite large in the toe area. Note the fin blade itself is much smaller.

OMS_Slipstream_top_sm.jpg

OMS_Slipstream_bottom_sm.jpg

I received my L Slipstreams and thought I'd post some photos so folks can see that the L fins are actually significantly smaller then the XL. I think they will be ok for my wife even though they are smaller. The boot is smaller, but quite large in the toe area. Note the fin blade itself is much smaller.

Thanks so much for posting, DiverDun! I'm hoping to order a pair next month from Cave Adventurers.

Yes, the L is quite a bit smaller than the XL, but the difference between the two appears to be comparable to the difference between the L and XL Jetfin seen here. What does your wife think about the fit and feel of the foot pocket?

Agreed the size reduction is similar to the Jetfins.

She found the fit ok. I thought she might find them too roomy and I was ready to glue in a rubber lining but she thinks it will be ok.

She won't be able to try them in the water for a few weeks.

Wow that appears to big a big difference in size. More than I thought. I have a set of XL's and wear a size 11 shoe, but I find the foot pocket rubs into the top of my foot with 3mm booties. Do you have this problem? Wonder if the pocket can be modified any? Thanks for posting the pics to show the difference. I have heard alot of good things about the slipstreams as well.

Wow that appears to big a big difference in size. More than I thought. I have a set of XL's and wear a size 11 shoe, but I find the foot pocket rubs into the top of my foot with 3mm booties. Do you have this problem? Wonder if the pocket can be modified any? Thanks for posting the pics to show the difference. I have heard alot of good things about the slipstreams as well.

See this post. I'd be curious to know more as well, such as does the footpocket have the same durability or is it susceptible to tears and such.

Back
Top Bottom