On Jet Fins and Frog Kicks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear either a men's 9 or 10 in dive boots depending on the brand and my xl jets are just right:D I did end up putting two holes in the bottom of each foot pocket towards the toe area so that I no longer needed a crow bar to get them off after a dive. My drysuits both have attatched boots and they fit the xls as well.

Thanks again everyone. Especially thanks to Tim for maintaining that website which is a good reference resource. I also used your guide on attaching a pocket to my wetsuit, which btw, once i got used to, i thought it doesn't even begin to compare with having pockets on the BC, nothing like a clutter-free harness.

After reading everyone's comments, i think the XL size makes the most sense; i was just a little bit apprehensive since many have repeated in other threads that JFs present problems only when used with hard sole boots and i'm definitely not willing to go back to soft soles which i only used for a few times at the very beginning and hated (foot cramps constantly).

Thanks also for the DVD recommendation. One question about that: there's an "intro to rec" and an "intro to tech", is it safe to assume to that the latter includes much of the former and just buy that?

Nice to see, btw, that the "acting-as-clown-for-the-SO" phenomenon is widespread. Just yesterday i installed a couple of XS Scuba pockets onto my DSS and paraded for a minute or two checking it out in the mirror. Needless to say, my enthusiasm was not shared! TSandM, isn't your husband a diver? How is it that you face the same problem? :)

Answer to question #1 -- Yes, buy the Intro to Tech DVD. It includes everything on the Essentials DVD and is a better production.

Answer to question #2 -- When you have an obsessive-compulsive perfectionist living with a laissez-faire "perfection is the enemy of good" person, you get into some weird dynamics :)

Elissa and I just re-watched the Intro to Tech DVD. It is a better production and the voice overs and highlighting are great.

However, for trim and kicks the Essentials DVD takes more time to explain. There are more angles and it also includes what "bad" trim and such look like.

I'd get both :)

theatis:
Thanks again everyone. Especially thanks to Tim for maintaining that website which is a good reference resource. I also used your guide on attaching a pocket to my wetsuit, which btw, once i got used to, i thought it doesn't even begin to compare with having pockets on the BC, nothing like a clutter-free harness.

After reading everyone's comments, i think the XL size makes the most sense; i was just a little bit apprehensive since many have repeated in other threads that JFs present problems only when used with hard sole boots and i'm definitely not willing to go back to soft soles which i only used for a few times at the very beginning and hated (foot cramps constantly).

Thanks also for the DVD recommendation. One question about that: there's an "intro to rec" and an "intro to tech", is it safe to assume to that the latter includes much of the former and just buy that?

Nice to see, btw, that the "acting-as-clown-for-the-SO" phenomenon is widespread. Just yesterday i installed a couple of XS Scuba pockets onto my DSS and paraded for a minute or two checking it out in the mirror. Needless to say, my enthusiasm was not shared! TSandM, isn't your husband a diver? How is it that you face the same problem? :)

I wear them with hard-soled boots on my wetsuit with no problems.
Make sure you get the spring straps though (in my opinion).

Back
Top Bottom