Opinion? Suunto D6i or Galileo Sol?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00wabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What I want:
air iintegration
wrist mount
decompression

Originally I thought that the d6i would be best because I can wear it all day when diving or wear it all the time during a trip.
Lately though I have been thinking the larger display and user changeable battery on the sol might make for a better overall dive computer.

The majority of my dives will be in the Midwest in wetsuit or dry suit with a couple of times a year in warm water.

I'll probably look to buy the computer used to save some cash for other scuba related items.

I love my LUNA and have never had a loss of signal.
I have spoken to people with the small Suuntos. They find them great in nice blue water but not so great in green or dark waters.

First of all, all modern dive computers (and probably old ones too) do decompression.

Secondly, I don't like the Suunto watch computers or the equivalence because my eyes are bad and the small displays don't do me any favor.

First of all, all modern dive computers (and probably old ones too) do decompression.

Secondly, I don't like the Suunto watch computers or the equivalence because my eyes are bad and the small displays don't do me any favor.

I am leaning towards the larger display. My computer is a Cressi Leonardo. It does decompression but only in emergency mode and then locks you out after surfacing. I am looking for a computer that does planned decompression dives which I assume all the high end ones do.

I am leaning towards the larger display. My computer is a Cressi Leonardo. It does decompression but only in emergency mode and then locks you out after surfacing. I am looking for a computer that does planned decompression dives which I assume all the high end ones do.

With modern computers, if you follow their decompression schedule, there is no locking out. However, why are you doing decompression diving without decompression diving training? Trusting a computer to do a decompression schedule while you don't know anything about decompression stops is a good way to get yourself hurt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom