Opinions - Cairns Deep Sea Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parheric

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Am wanting to go to Cairns on holidays to get some dives up...

http://www.divers-den.com/oq4d3n.htm

This is the tour I'm looking at, I figure I can get alot of diving in to get more experience plus its very reasonable in pricing. Also, I've got half my gear, but am wondering if its worth taking a BP/W and just using their regs so I can get more comfortable with my setup.

Has anyone been with this crew? Any experiences? I'm also looking at Passions of Paradise as others on board have suggested.

Leon

parheric:
Am wanting to go to Cairns on holidays to get some dives up...

http://www.divers-den.com/oq4d3n.htm

This is the tour I'm looking at, I figure I can get alot of diving in to get more experience plus its very reasonable in pricing. Also, I've got half my gear, but am wondering if its worth taking a BP/W and just using their regs so I can get more comfortable with my setup.

Has anyone been with this crew? Any experiences? I'm also looking at Passions of Paradise as others on board have suggested.

Leon

90 minutes to the "outer reef" means they are going to the same locations as the day boats. This diving will be okay at best. Where do you live in Queensland? There may be better diving options. For good liveaboard diving out of Cairns you have to spend more money and go to Osprey reef. The ribbon reefs are nice too, but not nearly the quality of Osprey and the other coral sea reefs. Most boats provide gear, but if you are using BP/W I would bring your own reg too if it is properly DIR setup.

I live in Brisbane, i've been told its easy and cheaper to goto North Stradbroke and do some diving off there.

I used to work for DSDD a loooooong time ago, but unless they have changed owner, I fugure they are still pretty much the same, cheap livaboards based ont he back packer market, perhaps with the day market thrown in.

If you havent been out to the reef, it is fine for the price, but if you know what QLD coral looks like, you might want to go for something a little more boutique. Something out of Port Douglas perhaps.

If you are taking your BP/W take your own reg too. Rental is rental and this is rental from a prodigous school.

But like I said, that was a few years ago that I worked there, surely Queenslanders are not that adverse to change are they????

Back
Top Bottom