Opinions sought on Req/Octo setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DS4, atx50, atx50. Reasonbly priced and very solid. Once I go twins, I'll be going with these regs. Currently diving a black pearl with atx50 backup on my singles setup.

Boogie711:
I'll readily admit that's what I have. I prefer the DS4 to the DST first stage, but they're harder to get that way - most of the time they come with a DST. The DS4 is smaller and doesn't have a turret. If you ever get into doubles, it's easy to just buy a second DS4 and split up your second stages.

This may sound like a question full of ignorance, but as they say, ignorance kills!! Are you actually using the ATX50 octo, or just using another ATX50 reg for your octo? Also, what is the price differecnce between a DS4 and DST?

Thanks

Boogie711:
I'll readily admit that's what I have. I prefer the DS4 to the DST first stage, but they're harder to get that way - most of the time they come with a DST. The DS4 is smaller and doesn't have a turret. If you ever get into doubles, it's easy to just buy a second DS4 and split up your second stages.

This may sound like a question full of ignorance, but as they say, ignorance kills!! Are you actually using the ATX50 octo, or just using another ATX50 reg for your octo? Also, what is the price differecnce between a DS4 and DST?

Thanks

The only differences between a standard ATX50 and ATX50 "octo" are the color and the "octo" version may be slightly detuned to prevent freeflow.

The ATX50 comes "by default" with the DST, but you can sometimes find it (at places like DiveInn.com) with a DS4 instead. Prices are similar.

Looks like I stayed out a while too long. The AT20 would most definetely stand up, but I never realized that the price difference was only 50 dollars. I thought you were on a budget, and I think that you may fint he APeks a little more pricey than the blizzard. None the less you get so many extras with the 50 over the 20 including:
Environmentally sealed.
Overbalanced
Diver adjustable
Heat sink
Optional turret first stage.

So yeah go for the 50. Double check the price first. I would think that the 50 is a little more than $50 more than the 20 double check. I would like to add that the words of 'cold water' is way overtalked. You only really really need that stuff when you get into the <35 temps IMO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom