Options other than wrist mounted compass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand your issue; I have the same problem :)

1) I need reading glasses, and gauge reader inserts help in general ... but

2) if I bring my arm in to the "Figure 4" position often taught, the "aim" is just plain horrible - even if I am able to see the numbers :wink:

3) I used to do a bit of "cross country" running, where a long sight line really makes a difference in accuracy. Of course visibility UW makes a difference wrt. accuracy, but on a general note.

4) I got the DSS boot, and only use one bungee that I threaded diagonally, so that when I have my left arm extended in front of me I have a decent sight line and I can see the sight window on the side of the compass. The rotation of the compass is not perfect, but it works better for me than the "figure 4" method.

Henrik

I have mine on a retractor at my waist. I do not look "through" the compass as taught in the navigation specialty. I look down at it, from the top. Much easier to read the dial and headings. I have not had any navigational problems doing it this way. Check headings early and often.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom