Our Sabang Canyons Salmon Run (aka the Dive of Death)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, hammerhead, that's quite a story. Your boatman must have been really good for him to spot you.

At the end of you dive, how did you get swept down without being aware of your depth?

I experienced a similar experience when we went to PG this last summer. But there was no near-death experience for us. Current was alright until we came out of the hole in the wall. The DM was prepared for the strong current, we were 5 divers in the group and 3 us had safety sausages. Sticking together on the way up helped us.

Wow, hammerhead, that's quite a story. Your boatman must have been really good for him to spot you.

At the end of you dive, how did you get swept down without being aware of your depth?

From memory, there were a bunch of boats out looking. Bear in mind that we spent a lot longer underwater than planned because we decided to spend ages at 5m hoping not to get hurt. In retrospect it was overkill, but I was a lot less experienced then

As for being "swept" down, it's not like that. All of the water is going down, you just go with it. As far as I was concerned, we were just pootling along at 25m or so, and about to start ascending. But we weren't.

Still scares me looking back. That and a particularly nasty car crash are the closest I've come to dying, and I don't like thinking about either incident.

*shudders*

*realises he is still alive and goes to kitchen for a beer*

I just remembered...last weekend was a typhoon weekend! That's why you got that crazy 4-knot high voltage current.

and ever since, Larry, aka The Hammerhead, vowed never to forget his pink cowboy hat...

1457301770_550187baef.jpg

(fortunately, he did dump that ugly neon yellow mask of his... :mooner:)

and ever since, Larry, aka The Hammerhead, vowed never to forget his pink cowboy hat...

1457301770_550187baef.jpg

(fortunately, he did dump that ugly neon yellow mask of his... :mooner:)

Sorry all. Mike has a bit of a gay crush on me. Sadly, it's not reciprocated.

:shakehead:

Jason, When you dived at canyons that day, I think it's a full moon, is it? Me and my freinds don't dive the canyons on a full moon or new moon either. As I have experienced it, the currents are strongest during the month of June-July.- August

man...i miss diving Canyons...

i remember the first time i dove the site..after the dive was over, i went to Scubaworld and bought a dive computer :rofl2:

Back
Top Bottom