Out of the game for a bit....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy: you're killing me.

OD: Weight off the belt??? nice.

Chris - I was fishing the south fork of Bishop Creek - my home waters. Friday night was below freezing at 8500 feet.

Gomer & Sharky - good thing I don't ice dive

Boomer: If you can believe it, I'm wearing a black sock over it right now (!) Unless He has other plans, its not likely I'll make the trip up this year. You'll need to double bash for me.

Thanks for the well wishes. I've never been hobbled before, never broken a bone or anything like this. I can honestly say I could have gone the rest of my life without this.

But its slowing me down... there are plans I'm sure.

K

Mo2vation:
Boomer: If you can believe it, I'm wearing a black sock over it right now (!) Unless He has other plans, its not likely I'll make the trip up this year. You'll need to double bash for me.

K

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it either this year. We'll just have to make a special trip up there after the first of the year and check out Ron's new boat. :) Get feeling better.

Hey Ken,

I'm really sorry to hear about your back-alley "trout fishing" incident! How does the other guy look? :wink:

I hope you're not in too much pain! I look forward to your return to our apparently MUCH safer sport of diving. 4 - 6 weeks sounds pretty fast after looking at that x-ray. You know... people just don't realize how aggressive those trout can be! :11:

Get well soon.

Christian

Geez, Ken, it hurts just to look at the x-rays. Is this the kind of thing that sets off metal detectors in airports? Hope you're not in too much pain.

kelpmermaid:
Geez, Ken, it hurts just to look at the x-rays. Is this the kind of thing that sets off metal detectors in airports? Hope you're not in too much pain.

It will until they take out the screws. The rod is titanium and won't set it off, but the SS screws will.

Robo-Kopp.....

K

Mo2vation:
I've never been hobbled before, never broken a bone or anything like this.

Boy, when you do a job, you sure do it thoroughly!!!!!!!! :eyebrow:

Ouch.

Hope you're back in action before too long..........

Wow, now THAT's impressive, Ken! When you do something, you go whole hog, don't you? Both the tibia and fibula! I am speechless. Looks like an open tibial fracture. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. It made me wince and groan to see that pre-reduction film. And I have a strong stomach.

...well, maybe not. :05:

Hope they gave you some good drugs for that. All the best bone-knitting vibes for a speedy recovery and return to The Deep.

Ouch.

Feel better!

Nevermind. :blush:

Damn Ken,
Ive been a gimp once before too after a chain saw accident. Anywhoo get well soon!! I was at Crawley all weekend. How was the crick?

Kyle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom