oxycheq 18# vs DSS torus 17# vs DSS LCD 20#

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you can post the three oxycheq wings side by side that would be a really helpful picture.

---------- Post added September 3rd, 2015 at 03:35 PM ----------

Single bladder vs bladder in shell. Also I'm sure I'll sell it for more than what I paid for it.

Sure thing, was supposed to be out diving today but caught a cold yesterday, will post pics a bit.

As promised: wings are all fully inflated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 264
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 246
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 240
How old is your 40lb wing? Is it a signature series or extreme series? Reason I asked is because my 40lb signature series seems narrower, and more taper toward the top. It looks more like your 30lb. Let me get a picture

I think you will be happy with any of the 3, Oxy 18, DSS 17, DSS 20

A 30 lb wing might not be too different in size dimensions, but in my experience, the ease and speed of venting was very noticeable between my Oxy 30 and DSS 17. I ended up selling my Oxy 30 since I don't need the extra lift capacity.

How old is your 40lb wing? Is it a signature series or extreme series? Reason I asked is because my 40lb signature series seems narrower, and more taper toward the top. It looks more like your 30lb. Let me get a picture

The 18 is the standard version it's about 8 years old, the 30 is the Extememe it's about 5 years old, the 40 is also an Extreme it's about two years old.

---------- Post added September 4th, 2015 at 10:20 PM ----------

I think you will be happy with any of the 3, Oxy 18, DSS 17, DSS 20

A 30 lb wing might not be too different in size dimensions, but in my experience, the ease and speed of venting was very noticeable between my Oxy 30 and DSS 17. I ended up selling my Oxy 30 since I don't need the extra lift capacity.

I find the 18 vents effortlessly, it's my favourite wing. The 30 I find vents pretty well, I find the 40 to be just OK venting, it's definitely 3rd.

---------- Post added September 4th, 2015 at 10:21 PM ----------

View attachment 215988

Sorry for the site way pictures. This has been an issue for this board.

Yes, yours does look narrower at the top.

---------- Post added September 4th, 2015 at 10:25 PM ----------

It could be my wing though, on the 40 there is what I firmly believe to be a manufacturing defect although not surprisingly Oxy claim not, the material panel on the right side is shorter than the corresponding panel on the left side and this causes the wing to twist and pull slightly downward at the top. Once sandwiched between plate and wing it's not noticeable.

I've traveled dozens of times with my wing and, wonder of wonders, somehow I haven't had any problem packing it up. It's just fabric like any other wing. People tend to repeat stuff they've heard on this forum; that doesn't make it true.

While I agree that people repeat things heard on SB, this is not the case. I own both the Oxycheq 18 and the LCD 20, the DSS wing can be folded or rolled and when deflated is flat. The Oxycheq wing cannot do that. For a travel setup, DSS has the best solution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom