oxycheq 18# vs DSS torus 17# vs DSS LCD 20#

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Oxycheq 18# doesn't travel as well as my Halcyon singles or doubles wing. Doesn't mean I don't travel with it, just have to plan for it taking up a little more room. It doesn't roll well at all, and doesn't pack as flat. It's still my favorite singles wing and worth the small space penalty.

My Oxycheq 18# doesn't travel as well as my Halcyon singles or doubles wing. Doesn't mean I don't travel with it, just have to plan for it taking up a little more room. It doesn't roll well at all, and doesn't pack as flat. It's still my favorite singles wing and worth the small space penalty.

Totally agree. I love mine.

It seems like the oxycheq 18 is the most recommended at this point I'm between the 18 and the 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 30 is more versatile. If you don't need 30lbs of lift and the 18 is sufficient and/or are happy to own two wings get the 18. It's a very nice wing to dive.

The more I dive, the more I think I'm going to end up with a 30# wing (which I already have) for diving steel tanks with a thicker wetsuit and a wing like the Oxy 18 for taking on trips to warm water destinations with AL80 rentals. As many people here have told me, it seems like having multiple wings is inevitable... :)

Based on Tobin's advice for suitability to both the tropical diving I do (3 mm full suit, Al 80) and the occasional temperate-water diving I do (5 mm suit, steel tank), I got a DSS Torus 26. It doesn't taco noticeably in the tropical gear.

Based on Tobin's advice for suitability to both the tropical diving I do (3 mm full suit, Al 80) and the occasional temperate-water diving I do (5 mm suit, steel tank), I got a DSS Torus 26. It doesn't taco noticeably in the tropical gear.

Yeah... I have been eyeing the DGX Gears 25 # donut wing, wondering if I could just get by with that for all my single tank diving, and then sell my 30# wing. Then I look at the Hog 23 # wing, which is just a little more expensive and has a built-in STA-like deal to keep the tank from rolling and think I should get that instead. I am not considering the DSS wing just because it is not field-repairable - well, that and the others are way less expensive, and the DGX wing has, from what I can tell, the best warranty in the industry, bar-none.

OTOH, since I will occasionally dive a steel, in a 7mm, in fresh water, I should probably just keep my 30 # wing....

Yeah... I have been eyeing the DGX Gears 25 # donut wing, wondering if I could just get by with that for all my single tank diving, and then sell my 30# wing. Then I look at the Hog 23 # wing, which is just a little more expensive and has a built-in STA-like deal to keep the tank from rolling and think I should get that instead. I am not considering the DSS wing just because it is not field-repairable - well, that and the others are way less expensive, and the DGX wing has, from what I can tell, the best warranty in the industry, bar-none.

OTOH, since I will occasionally dive a steel, in a 7mm, in fresh water, I should probably just keep my 30 # wing....

Yeah, with 7 mm of neoprene on occasion, you're going to need two different wings. I can get by with one wing that's a compromise.

If you go for the DGX, let us know how you like it.

Inevitable it is...

Sure was! I saw the Hog 23# donut on sale on DRiS today for $170 and could not resist ordering one. It looks like I should get it Friday and be able to use it Monday going out of Hatteras. Woohoo!!

Back
Top Bottom