oxycheq machV size of 30 vs. 40

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Artimas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anyone know what the actual size difference is between the oxycheq mach V 30# vs. 40# wing?

Thanks.

Not a heck of a lot size difference. If you are wondering about actual dimentions I would say the 40 might be an inch wider overall or maybe less. I've had a 30 and a 40 sitting on a table and had to look at the tags to see which one was which. Between an 18 and a 40 there is a noticable difference, but not much between the 30 and 40.

Thanks for the reply. Helpful.

...I've got an Oxy 40 lbs Mach V EXTREME.....it's a pretty narrow wing, so as already noted, don't look for an appreciable difference in widths....the major difference will be length. My shortest tanks are PST HP 100 steels, and my wing, mounted on a Deepoutdoors Matrix harness, fits fine...as in it doesn't end up folded/pinched under the tank while topside/in the boat rack/bench. It would be my suspicion that if one were to use this 40 lbs wing on a short tank (HP steel 80/ AL 63) there might be issues with it potentially folding up/getting crushed under the tank....but it works fine with HP 100's/AL 80s.

Thanks for the reply. Are you sure about the length, or speculating?

It's hard to tell from the website and oxycheq hasn't answered my question to them on the manufacturer's section of the forum.

It's hard to tell from the website and oxycheq hasn't answered my question to them on the manufacturer's section of the forum.

....I'm sure about the length of the 40 lbs wing, as I own one.....and I'm sure about the length with respect to how it fits on an HP 100 steel tank, as I own 2 of those. I also know that an AL 80 is a little longer than an HP 100, so if the wing fits the shorter HP100 without getting pinched, then it will certainly be OK with an AL80 too. I'm speculating about how the 40 lbs wing would work on an HP80 or AL63......however, the 40 lbs wing fits my HP 100s with very little room to spare, so it is my opinion that any tank shorter than an HP100 would cause the wing to get pinched/crushed by the tank....remember, these wings are 'donut' aircells, not horseshoe shaped aircells, so they will fold up under the tank if they are too long.

Write to them directly from the website. They have responded to my questions.

Patrick posted on SCUBAToys last year on the difference in dimension between the 30lb and 40lb. He also listed the difference in buoyancy. Back then the 30lb was maybe 32lb and the 40lb was 40. I tried to do a search, but could not find his post.

Thanks to all for the helpful replies. The shortest tank that I use is a steel 130 which I believe is 25.5 inches.

I'll try the oxycheq site directly.

Thanks again to all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom