Oxycheq ss traveler bp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find diving with the OxyCheq travel backplate with the Mach V wing my single AL tank is rock solid without an STA.

I bought an OxyCheq SS Travel backplate, deluxe adjustable harness and 30lbs Singature wing 3 months ago for recreational single tank diving in tropical waters. The overall profile is very streamline.

It is practical to use a travel backplate as it cut out the excess weight that conventional SS backplate has which weights about 6lb compare to the 2.2lb of the travel backplate. Now I dive without excess lead unless I teach scuba class. One of my dive buddy ordered a similar setup as mine but with an extreme signature wing after she saw my setup and she absolutely loves it.

However, it depends on the type of diving that you will be doing if you will be doing mostly technical dives then you may be better of use a SS plate or Alu plate if weight is an issue to you.

The wing does not need STA as it has the anti-roll control thingy stiched near the cam slots of the wing. Honestly, I could be wrong but I doubt the tank or the wing will move much if it does move at all when a non-OxyCheq wing is use with any backplate for single tank diving as the cam bands would have secure the tank & wing tight enough to the backplate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom