Oxycheq Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711 once bubbled...
Is it nice and short? Thats one of the things I liked about the Halcyon wing - it's inflator hose isn't a long monstrosity. Nice, short, easy to dump air through it even when it's bungee'd to your D-Ring.

I'm waiting for DIR Tec Diver to show up here and explain that if we use these wings, we will die.

I think his standard length inflator is going to be 16", other sizes are able to be ordered.. personally I think the 12" halycon is a bit too short.. I dont mind a short inflator when in a wetsuit but I prefer it a bit londer when I'm in a drysuit and can't move (or find things as easily - not that its that difficult).

I spoke to Patrick..

The full retail price (most wings) is going to be $300 not $325, so expect to see it a few $ cheaper during the intro... and the full price on the 30# wing is $260

ABQdiver once bubbled...
I saw those last week on the Koplin site and am drooling already. They still don't have them up on the OxyCheq site yet. When is the "public" sell date?

Another curiosity: Did you notice the pull string on the dump valve? The plastic knob is interesting!

I've gotten used to the Halcyon without now..

Being shipped to dealers who already had wings on order...

The 65# wings will be popular here and thats what I am going to stock.. the others I'll special order.. In other PNW the 48# wings will probably be more popular...

what you saw at the show was a prototype 27# u shaped wing that is not currently in production.. there is 30 and 45# donut shaped (really teardrop) for single tanks.. the 30# for singles and 48# for doubles will be available in about a week...

The 65# for doubles and 45# for singles (deceivingly small) is currently shipping.

I kept hearing that these wings were going to be almost half the price of the Halcyons.

jonnythan once bubbled...
I kept hearing that these wings were going to be almost half the price of the Halcyons.

It's one of those funny business things that I don't understand. I realize they need to make money but if they dropped the price they would sell more and still make the same net profit. But I are a engineer so what do I know.

Cornfed

jonnythan once bubbled...

its all going to depend on what you dealer wants as a profit.. it is cheaper to them than the halycon stuff but not tremendously cheaper...

My guess is that heavy discounters will sell the $300 wing for around $250ish

cornfed once bubbled...

It's one of those funny business things that I don't understand. I realize they need to make money but if they dropped the price they would sell more and still make the same net profit. But I are a engineer so what do I know.

Cornfed

The Scuba business is indeed a strange one. I do know that it is easy to make a small fortune in Scuba retail, simply start with a larger one.

As for the last, that's a lot like me. Six munce ago I could not eeven spell pile-it, now I are wun!:D

I'd love to get my hands on one.....

Anyone going to be stocking them that is on here and would like to shoot me a PM with a price and availability? :)

Boogie711 once bubbled...

I'm waiting for DIR Tec Diver to show up here and explain that if we use these wings, we will die.

With Kane right behind him.

Personally, I'm thinking it's time to e-bay the bungees and buy a new doubles wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom