Oxycheq Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElectricZombie once bubbled...
Oxycheq and Koplin should have come up with something unique rather than just make a Halcyon clone.

Its far from a "clone" of the Halcyon wing. First of all, its more of a teardrop shape, and the gusset is different than the Halcyon, and its cleaner. We shall soon find out what people think...

I hate to order stuff I don't know much about but the Oxycheq 30# wing sounds perfect for me. I expect to have one by the end of the month. I am concerned about manufacturing defects because this is the first run of the wings. I'll be checking this thread frequently to see what you guys have to say about the quality of the 45# wing.

I've been thinking about going with a wing/bp set up soon, so this thread caught my eye as I'd like to see some alternatives to the Pioneer. One question that I'm left with after looking at Kolpins web site is this. I see that he will be selling the wings and back plates, but what about the harnesses. If I did go with Kolpins wing and backplate what would be my best options for getting a harness and some type of weight pockets. Also how hard are they to set up. My LDS deals in Halcyon, OMS and Diveright, so if I went with a complete Halcyon set up they could rig it for me. But if I go with the Kolpin I might be on my own.

They also sell a harness kit too...

With the webbing and the hardware, and it would come thru all rigged for you...

Let me know what you are interested in, and I could help you out... We are getting a shipment of the new wings early next week...

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
How are you getting yours friday? you live near Patrick???

He's shipping mine out on Friday, and I am getting a few extra too...

:)

Diving it on Sunday, let you know how it goes.

Test dove the new oxycheq double cylinder 70# wing in a pool this weekend. Other gear was double E8-130's with Halcyon ss bp, diver -- 6'3", 200 lbs. Quality of the wing is impeccable from visual inspection of exterior. Found the wing comfortable on the surface. Underwater was fantastic. Trimmed out perfectly. I was happy to find that I could remain horizonal and motionless at 10 ft without any trim issues. Seems like a great product. Looking forward to trying out the 48 lb version in the near future as it should provide sufficient lift for my needs from what I have read from other posts. Two thumbs up!

Birdman,

Do you have any pics of the new wing? (Other than the promo ones from the Oxycheq site.)

From looking at the Oxycheq - what are some of the differnces between it and the Halcyon Explorer?

Thanks
Eric

If you look at the Halcyon 55 and the Oxycheq 50 side by side, the Halcyon looks like a big blob, and the Oxycheq is much more narrow, and streamlined.

I should be getting some in tomorrow, and I will post some pics of the wings... my profile pic is the new 45# singles wing...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom