Oxycheq Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, guys I just ordered the 45# wing from them, and I am going to get it wet ASAP. I will let everyone know how it works out. (Should be next week, sorry for the wait.) I am very excited about my new toy!!!

I just happen to know a store in the BOSTON area that is going to be carrying these IN STOCK!!!!!

PM me for more details!!!!!

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
Hey Guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that I just ordered the new 45# single tank wing, and I should have it by next week.. I am planning on doing a dive with it next weekend. I will post a report after I dive it...

PM me if anyone one is interested in these wings, as I ordered a few for my "friends" also...

Or email me: lubold8431@yahoo.com

I cant wait to get it wet!!!!!!!

No wonder I couldn't get in touch with Pat yesterday. Everyone is on the phone ordering wings.

Hey Guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that I just ordered the new 45# single tank wing, and I should have it by next week.. I am planning on doing a dive with it next weekend. I will post a report after I dive it...

PM me if anyone one is interested in these wings, as I ordered a few for my "friends" also...

Or email me: lubold8431@yahoo.com

I cant wait to get it wet!!!!!!!

Let you guys know how it goes.

OK - just about everyone claims the 45 pound wing is just too much for the Halcyon Pioneer, and recommends the 36 #.

I dove the 27# Pioneer, loved it, but yeah - I would feel better with a few extra pounds of lift. I dive a 7mm wetsuit with steel single tanks, and felt I could have used just a touch more to remain neutral once I hit 60 feet or so.

Now, I also recognize that the 27# Halcyon is not TRULY 27 pounds. And I've been told that the 30 pound Oxycheq is an 'honest' 30#, if not more.

So - what's the opinion - is a Halcyon 45# overkill, and therefore an Oxycheq 45# the same deal?

Is a 30# ok for cold water diving? Too much for warm water? I'm interested in opinions - what wing would you choose for yourself, and why?

How are you getting yours friday? you live near Patrick???

He's shipping mine out on Friday, and I am getting a few extra too...

:)

Give some people a week or so...

Not too many people have even SEEN the new wings, nevermind DOVE one yet.....

Patrick at Oxycheq is getting his shipment in of the new wings tomorrow or friday... Then, he ships out to the dealers who have orders in...

I talked to him today, and he is planning on a full scale intro early next week to all dealers.

Bottom line is, not too many people (dealers included) know about them being out right now...

So, he is probably going to be all SOLD out by monday...

Next shipment wont be for two weeks...

I am going to be one of the people in on this first real shipment... I ordered six of them...

I am going to try them out, and then I can let you know...

From what I have been told, the 45# is very deceiving. You wont think that its a 45# wing, because of the gussets on the wing... Very streamlined, and supposed to be very nice in the water.

For steel tanks, and diving in cold water, I would say go with the 45#...

I also think that comparing these wings to Halcyon's Pioneer is an insult to OXYCHEQ... I will let you know how I really feel after i dive the new wing. These are probably going to surprise alot of people...

How are you getting yours friday? you live near Patrick???

He's shipping mine out on Friday, and I am getting a few extra too...

:)

Easy, I paid extra!

Boogie, what kind of backplate and how much weight do you wear?

Roak

I'm trying to stimulate some meaningful discussion on the merits of a 30 lb wing vs a 45 lb wing.

I know Koplin makes GREAT stuff. I would like to shake his hand someday. But I know Halcyon doesn't recommend the 45 lb Pioneer. So why did Scott develop a 45 lb wing?

What are the merits to consider when comparing a 45 lb wing to it's 30 lb partner?

And incidentally, I dive a 6.5 mm Mares Isotherm semi dry. I have a 6 pound backplate, with a 6 pound heavy STA. I dive either a PST E7-100 or a Faber LP95, with 11 pounds on my belt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom