P S hp 120 and 80, dangerous or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to the shop at the breakwall once. They were charging different rates for every type of tank on the market, so I take my business elsewhere when I dive Monterey. I've heard that they no longer do that, but I'm sort of a "burn me once" type of guy.

Jim Ernst:
i have a pressed steel e7 hp 120 and 80 , thay both have the insert in the din to make them yoke, and that is the way they came in january brand new out the door, yesturday while in monterey i was having my tank (120 ) filled and was told by the shop owner that he feels my tank is dangerous :11: as it is being filled to its rated pressure of 3400 psi and that he feels it should not be as it has the insert in the first stage!!!! as i said this is the way i bought it and the shop were i bought it also fills it and feels it is fine, can anyone help on this subject and or tell me am i really at risk here!!!! thank you in advance

Shop owners often don't know what they're talking about.

Jim Ernst:
oh, ben this was glens aquarious at break water, glen is a real good guy and i THINK this was said due to his ignorance of these tanks, as i have known him for a year or more and so far he really has done me good on bussines :D

Jim Glenn is telling you the truth about the tank. That's a dangerous tank. If i were you just drop the tank at Glenn's Aquarius and tell him that Vince will be picking it up so I can dispose of it for you properly. I think the 120 is too big for me so just drop off the 80's :D.

As far as Glenn being ignorant with this types of tanks or maybe valve I think he's just trying to mess with you a little for not buying the tank from him :D . I bought an HP 80 from Glenn and probably got the same valve that you have on yours. Never had problems getting this tank filled at Glenn's except when there's a lot of tank getting filled. Few times i got my tank filled close to 3900 psi but that's during weekdays :wink:

Vince

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom