P Valve Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why not use a little ben-gay around the inside of the sleeve? :p

TheRedHead:
Hmmm. maybe you guys should get your own forum for this kind of thing? My first thought is typically female: all guys are in denial about size. :laughing:
When I was sizing catheters a few years back it was a very disheartening experience, for the sizes were:
Large
Medium
Small
Infant/Geriatric
Sheeesh! Like looking forward to old age ain't bad enough already...
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Hmmm... compressed neoprene... HP steel tank... little air in suit... 32 pounds!
Somehow that just doesn't seem right.
Are you wearing really, really, really thick undies?
What's your body only buoyancy? (How much does it take to sink you in just a bathing suit?)
You must be trapping considerable air somewhere...
Rick

I use 18lb in a swimming pool, 26lb in a 7 mil. The undies I'm using are the polyester one piece ones you get custom made from the gal on ebay. The dry suit is a Bare xcd2 pro which is a 2mil compressed neoprene and the BC is a Ranger. Still not right??

Scuba_Steve:
Well I don't know the other factors in play here, but if I couldn't get under with all the air out of my wing and suit at the beginning of a dive I'd call myself underweighted....

What do you do to finally manage to get under then?

I can get under just fine. I let the air out and down I go. I just can't put very much air in the suit once I'm down there and certainly not on the way up or else up I go. It's my buddy thats telling me my mask should be at the water line with the air out when I start and therefor I am overweighted. He's telling me that to get down I should invert and swim down.

HarryWhisman:
My question was does the squeeze of the dry suit affect the operation of the valve.
It may make it more difficult to expel. The balance chamber is supposed to make it ambient, but if you have a lot of squeeze on the suit you may have some more pressure to work against. Most likely it is the cath that is the problem: Mentors are not adequate as far as I am concerned.

A very well kept secret (until now I guess!) Less than $1.25 a piece including shipping is the best you will find for Rochester Wide Bands. Order a box and sell some to your friends for $2.50 and you make money for another box or two!:D

Robert Phillips:
It may make it more difficult to expel. The balance chamber is supposed to make it ambient, but if you have a lot of squeeze on the suit you may have some more pressure to work against. Most likely it is the cath that is the problem: Mentors are not adequate as far as I am concerned.

A very well kept secret (until now I guess!) Less than $1.25 a piece including shipping is the best you will find for Rochester Wide Bands. Order a box and sell some to your friends for $2.50 and you make money for another box or two!:D

that's where I get mine -- so now couple that with the allegro-medical and the "S&M" power I got my drysuit talc from and I get the oddest collection of adverts in my inbox :)

Another reason to stick with the proven Depends!

Back
Top Bottom