P Valve Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I think he has it figured out by now.

Yea I figured it out alright. I tied that sucker off over a year ago (the pee valve that is:D) and I take a leak before I suit up like everyone else around here.

My question was does the squeeze of the dry suit affect the operation of the valve.

Absolutely, if it is a balanced p-valve.

A balanced p-valve works by bleeding pressure from the dry suit into the exhaust chamber.

If you run your dry suit with a little bit of a squeeze, urine will tend to leak through the balance valve into your undergarments. Will suit squeeze cause your catheter to pop off? Perhaps, if you are having to exert a lot of force to void.

BTW, I thought condom cathers came in three sizes:
Large
Medium
Caucasian

Yea I figured it out alright. I tied that sucker off over a year ago (the pee valve that is:D) and I take a leak before I suit up like everyone else around here.

Not quite everyone.:eyebrow:

I do not know how to delete this so I have just removed the text since I have found the information I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom