Package opinion??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know, even if they're not being "mean," some folks here are being pretty snarky towards this guy, with their snide remarks about "yeah, go ahead and buy all this stuff and then sell it to me cheap."

I guess you missed my first post on this thread, which was serious and respectful, followed by several other posts echoing the same sentiment, which the OP then chose to ignore. At that point, IMO a little humor was in order. Sorry if it ruined your day!

Howdy people - getting certified next month and need to get my kit - dont want to "borrow for the class" as I will get the equip anyway...
have dived before witha buddy using his octopus...and like it enough to know its something I want to be able to do...

Price is a factor - but am willing to spend enough to get good stuff - 2 choices:

scubatoys package:

Mares Sport Package

The Italian's are known for making high quality items, such as cars, leather goods and great scuba gear like the Mares Sport AT BCD. This BCD was developed to reach a new level of durability and careful selection of materials ensures prolonged resistance to abrasion, UV rays, and wear.

For the regulator is this record setting Mares MR 12 Abyss, this is the choice regulator of the NASA dive team.

On to the octo, we will go with our favorite the Mares Brigade Viper Octo it has side exhaust, you can breath this one upside down or right side up, which means the receiver of air can be on either side of you and still breath comfortably.

Keeping with Mares lets add the Mares MC2 RGBM Console the perfect choice for all levels of divers from the sport diver to the tech diver.

If a wrist computer is for you, then opp for the Mares M2 Nitrox Wrist computer along with the Tusa SCA 240 Gauge at the same price.

***I would propably like to change the regulator to the mares abyss22 - its only a little more

MY ALTERNATE HODGEPODGE PACKAGE (more expensive)

force fin "slim fins"
scubapro crystal VY single window mask
scubapro mk25/g250hp regulator - i propably should go with the 250v second stage???
steel 130 tank
tusa spg
zeagle tech bcd
suunto gekko
suunto sk7 compass

I know that these are not exactly apples to apples - but this is the kind of price range I am working in - I will pay more if absolutely necessary. Now I know a lot of you will think "another equipment dork" - while that maybe true I want the price shock over one time. I dont want to buy new stuff I need every month..I want to buy and go use it. Give me your thoughts please!:popcorn:

Scuba Pro is mk25 is alot smoother reg then the MR12 or Abyss reg. it is a piston reg.

Why not look at the Scubapro MK 17/G250 Vintage Sealed Diaphram reg.
Glide plus BCD( scubapro)
Air2 inflater(scubapro)
I like your choice on the Suunto,i would rather have it then Mares computer.
I like the Adjustible Force Fins.
I would spend the extra cash on a Scuba pro Framless Mask.
You cant go wrong with scuapro ,Easy service plan, any where you travel.
The MK 17 in my opinion is a better reg then the ones you stated.
by going with the glide plus bcd and changing from the MK 25 to MK17you should be able to save some money.

Please make sure if you are thinking about Force Fins, Slim Fins are not for scuba diving. Force Fins has over 15 different models of fins. If considering I would choose Originals, Pros or my favorite Excellerating Force Fin. Slim Fins are for fitness swimming. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom