Packing, Travel and Diving Tips for the SB Invasion to the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW, do someone know what king of electric plugs are available at the resort?
In all the webs I check I see that at the Philipines are used A / B / C... so not sure about what to expect.

Last edited:
I'll post some new info this evening when I get back from work. I just don't have enough time this morning to answer those questions. We should also have the rest of the info ready to email out to everyone by the end of March.Thanks for your patience.

On another note. I can't add anymore character to my 1st 2 posts. So if I have any other important info to add I'll do it as a highlighted RED post.

Last edited:
I fly Trans Pacific quite often, and there have been some reports of theft in carry-ons on the long flights while people are sleeping. Shouldn't be a big issue, but just keep an eye on the easy-to-grab stuff like passports and iPhones.

I wouldn't worry about shots or Malaria pills for a short trip unless you have a weakened immune system or are at higher risk.

Passport hard copies are ok, but the safest and easiest IMO is make a photocopy/scan and keep in your email drafts. Just print if needed.

The resorts we are staying at all utilize American style outlets.
The ones that looks like a scared face, ok!!

I wouldn't worry about shots or Malaria pills for a short trip unless you have a weakened immune system or are at higher risk.

Ok, I will focus into getting my Hepatitis A shot, and I think that should be OK.

Thanks!!:bounce:

Last edited:
You may want to make an appointment at a travel clinic - they will research (usually the CDC website) for where you are going and recommend any shots or prescriptions. You want to do this a least a month before you leave for your trip as some prescriptions may require you to start taking 7-10 days before leaving. At a minimum make sure your tetanus shot is up to date!

Good reminder! Anytime you travel outside of your normal area, you may want to make an appointment at a travel clinic or with your doctor.

You will need a converter for your room.
- Electricity in all rooms is 220V - (most guests will need a converter, not an adapter)
Here's a link as an example of what you need. Samsonite - Converter/Adapter Kit - Red/Black
There are 120V (American Style) outlets in the camera room only.
Also recommend double checking all your dive light & strobe (and anybody bringing a Scooter?) Battery Chargers: Are they "Smart Chargers" (i.e. automatically adjusting/stepping impedence load to compensate from US 120Vac to 220Vac), or is it an old style where you have to manually flip a DIP switch to the correct AC line voltage? (Note: for example, the old Halcyon canister light battery chargers have a manual switch).

Don't accidentally blow up your non-Smart Battery Chargers. . . !

Back
Top Bottom