packing your bp/w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingCRNA:
Yeah, we had a "talk" about that. And it was a whole bottle of red wine on my carefully washed out and packed gear. Daddy was not happy.

I bet the talk was about why the red wine got wasted, the wing can be fixed, the gear can be washed, but the wine is irreplazable:D :D :D :D

Mandy3206:
I bet the talk was about why the red wine got wasted, the wing can be fixed, the gear can be washed, but the wine is irreplazable:D :D :D :D

Yeah... It went JUST like that... or ->:argue: or-> :maniac: Truthfully, it was like this-> :031:

It was a little frustrating to have to rewash all my gear, fix a wing for the first time, and have to be at work in the morning.... Sigh. This is why it is fun, right?eyebrow

DivingCRNA:
It was a little frustrating to have to rewash all my gear, fix a wing for the first time, and have to be at work in the morning.... Sigh. This is why it is fun, right?eyebrow

Yep, washing gear and fixing wings without a glass of wine can be frustrating sometimes:D :D :martini: :banghead:

I am glad someone asked this. All of my dive trips have either been on a cruise ship (take a tourbus to NYC to catch a 10 day cruise south) or have been by vehicle. I am going on my first dive trip where I am required to fly in about 2 weeks. Right now I have the following in my carry-on: jetfins in the bottom, aluminum backplate (not bring the steel for weight) turned sideways across the back, STA next with bolts in a side pocket, regulator with 7' hose next and my wing folded in half, LPI on top. I am hoping this doesn't cause any creasing. I believe what I have heard so far is the wing isn't likely to be damaged by folding?

Anyway, I think that considering there is nothing but dive gear in there, the TSA won't give me any hell. Luckily I know one of the TSA managers at the local airport in case they give me hell. He is the one that told me to ship my pony-bottle but that is another thread.

i dont think folding the wing would cause any damage, thats how im doing my packing now for the wing actually, folding it in half and then in half again. i just make sure the hose and inflator is in between the folds to keep things safe.

mayastig:
i dont think folding the wing would cause any damage, thats how im doing my packing now for the wing actually, folding it in half and then in half again. i just make sure the hose and inflator is in between the folds to keep things safe.

Rolled, folded, etc. not likely to hurt the wing or bladder. I roll mine up all the time. I wouldn't store it long term that way, but for transport I don't see a problem.

For long term ( a depressing thought) storage I fill the wing with a bit of air and lay it out flat.

Tobin

cool_hardware52:
For long term ( a depressing thought) storage I fill the wing with a bit of air and lay it out flat.
Tobin

haha...looks like a lucky wing is getting pampered by his master :wink: but no fret, i actually do that too :D

Back
Top Bottom