Padi Advanced OW - Deep stops??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob this is a great explanation. It is so true that after a safety stop a lot of divers will make that thumbs up and then pop they are on the surface. They ascend that last 15 feet in seconds rather than the full half minute it should take. The little that we know about deco theory is that if anything, these last few feet should be given the most consideration and taken slow as the % change in pressure here is large for small amounts of depth. Ascent rate is one of the more overlooked things. Rather people tend to focus on just getting to their next stop.

So in the planner, rather than the log display, where is the anchor? At the first planned stop or the deepest ceiling?
It does the same thing as the log to be consistent. As I said, other programs do the same and the difference is really small. Given that you guess the GFlow anyway it does not really matter. After all, all these models are only an effective description of very complex processes whose aim only is to get you safely out of the water often enough.

My initial, rather poor, test is to take a plan for 40min at 45m an insert levels below the stops such that the stops are not required. Thus the profile never hits a stop. How much longer do you think that plan takes?

Looks like I will have to try this in the water to see what the computer does.

Ps 45/85 on air.

Thanks everyone for answering that really helped. I don't know about using a shearwater those look a little too advanced for me. I don't plan on doing any technical diving... Only advanced. I'll have to check the features on it to see what type of divers they are really for.
I've just been looking at the Oceanic Veo 3, suunto d4i (because it seems easy to use and has a it integration) and suunto d6i (because it has the compass and air integration).

As I have told so many . the shearwater has the most intuitive menu system there is. You don't need a book to run it. Its that self explanatory. Common things like selecting gasses ean32 and air is super eas on the shearwater. Other computers hve 3-4 buttons and its 2 long left buttons and2 quick right buttons toe get to gass change. Shearwater is tehway to go. No dongles to computer connect ---- blutooth. update software abilities. cant beat it. get aused shearwater for perhaps 3-500.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom