PADI Instructor Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Dad:
You might save money doing it on the East Coast of FL. Most dive shops charge around $225-$250. Some even do the weekend open water class over two weekends.

Al
Thats great Al, thanks for your help

Caver95:
then again padi never had a refferal program did they.

I agree with Walter, I get referrals all the time and I assume and have learned that they have not been trained to what "I" would call satisfactory IMHO and quite often take them back to the pool for fine tuning before we do any open water dives. I have more than once based this just on my discussion with them when I first meet them. Example: If you have to kneel to do skills or have any apprehension when doing skills, any skill then you are not at a satisfactory level to be certified as a open water diver

MikeFerrara:
Down there in florida I've seen them advertised for like $99.

I can tell you from my experience that some shops advertise that price and then tell you that it is just for tuition. They then make you pay for books and more, the ones I went to wouldn't let you use your own equipment unless you let them inspect everything which they charged by the hour for. They would however rent you the equipment for $100, added up quick, close to $500 when all was said and I just laughed. Then they had the gull to patronize me for buying my bc new online instead of from them, I was actually getting upset about how underhanded their tactics were.

I will tell you, if any shops are listening that use these tactics, I would rather spend twice the amount at a shop that is upfront with me rather than your shop. So take a hint and change your tactic and be up front, your turning business away thats all.

I took my classes at a great place, they only charged me $250 for everything. I was able to use my own equipment, they checked my regulator for free. The people that didn't have their own stuff got loaner equipment that the shop let them take home and bring back, until we were done with the classes. I did have to borrow a wet suit, huge difference from what the $99 shops offered. Nicest guys I found, I knew the first few minutes I walked into the shop they were good people. Only problem is they were a good distance from my house.

Recently I found another shop close to my house that I missed, this guy that owns this shop is the best. I have been giving him all my business lately, everytime I go in his shop I must spend $100. We have a group of three that dive together, so between the three of us he makes out pretty good, we go out somewhere every week.

He is going to make out really good this weekend, if I am right my buddy Ron is going to buy one of his spearguns. My other buddy Rob is going to be renting $50 worth of equipment, add 4-6 more tanks, add stuff we think we need and probably don't and it will all put a smile on his face... He is good people though so it makes me happy to stick with him and put my money in his pocket.

I don't believe any shop that advertises $99... Sorry about the rant but the way they went about explaining the other costs and kept adding stuff, really left a bad taste in my mouth... $250 is about the lowest actual cost I have found, in my area...

Pinellis, Pasco, Hernando, Citrus...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom