PADI "Looking Good" Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if this is already buried somewhere in the thread, but according to this:

PADI Distinctive Specialty Courses

There is a PADI Distinctive Specialty called "Underwater Model".
They have underwater basket weaving! If you don't see the humor in that there must be something with you. Okay.. my opinion of PADI just improved a little.

I wasn't running it down. I've done some photo shoot dives and I can see where you could easily put together a worthwhile class to teach someone how to be a good model underwater. Just for starters, learning a whole new specialized set of hand signals...

I wasn't running it down. I've done some photo shoot dives and I can see where you could easily put together a worthwhile class to teach someone how to be a good model underwater. Just for starters, learning a whole new specialized set of hand signals...

Oh no! A major part of my course may be undercut. Stuart, where do you find the syllabus for this model course?

(Not to hijack my own thread, but we are near neighbors. I am in Falls Church. Have you ever done any diving with Dave and his Institute of Maritime History--IMH? I think there is a way to reply to my email address directly without boring everyone with diving-in-the-dark adventures in the Chesapeake Bay.)

Not sure if this is already buried somewhere in the thread, but according to this:

PADI Distinctive Specialty Courses

There is a PADI Distinctive Specialty called "Underwater Model".

That would be my guess. I can see it as a useful course for the small percentage of divers who model for their photographer dive buddies, if it was developed by some really competent professional underwater photographers and taught by photographers.

Oh no! A major part of my course may be undercut. Stuart, where do you find the syllabus for this model course?

(Not to hijack my own thread, but we are near neighbors. I am in Falls Church. Have you ever done any diving with Dave and his Institute of Maritime History--IMH? I think there is a way to reply to my email address directly without boring everyone with diving-in-the-dark adventures in the Chesapeake Bay.)

I don't know about the syllabus for that course. I would guess the best bet would be to email PADI for info. It's a course they approved, so I would think they would have info on the class and contact info for the instructor(s).

I'll send you a PM.

I'm a little concerned about all this talk about distinctive specialties. Last time I went diving I peed in my wetsuit but never took the course. I could have been arrested by the Scuba police.

I'd run it down...

It's a total embarrassment. And quite frankly anyone who teaches those courses should be ashamed of themselves. They are taking advantage of the vulnerable. Only someone with special needs would dream of paying money to do that sort of rubbish.

I'd run it down...

It's a total embarrassment. And quite frankly anyone who teaches those courses should be ashamed of themselves. They are taking advantage of the vulnerable. Only someone with special needs would dream of paying money to do that sort of rubbish.
Have you tried taking underwater photos of someone modeling for you?

I tried googling for the pix but all I got was "specify type of goat".

Outside of professional commercial modeling , why in the world would anyone want to model or have somebody model for UW photos? A sales brochure/website?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom