Padi Master Scuba Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can't win.

If you search for a thread and find it, you get yelled at
If you don't search for a thread, people hoot and holler about using the search button, or even worse, google!

Yeah, what they all said. I qualified for MSD from Padi a long time ago but I see no reason to send them more money to get some plastic. If you want to spend more money then spend it going diving. At 150 dives I thought I had it all figured out. At over 300 I now know I have soooo much more to learn and most of the learning that takes place beyond rescue diver for the recreational diver IMHO is learning about yourself and your limits. Diving more is a good way to learn all that. Have fun!:D

aboalreem, you should really try to pay attention when you are running searches and posting to these old threads. This thread is from 2005! You have posted many like this in the past few days... adding you 2 cents in to arguments that ended a year (or 3) ago. It's your right, I guess, but it is usually considered better form to join in new threads (or start new discussions) than jump into ancient history and bumping it to the top of the list.

Why? It's all the same now or then. All the same points will be brought up. Nothing much has changed in this discussion. :wink:

You send PADI some cash and documentation that you've taken a billfold full of thier classes.

PADI sends you a plastic card.

You wave the card at other divers and they either feel faint to be in the presence of such a hero, or they flame your ass.

Up to you.

What if they faint because of the heat of the flames?

MSD is the height of 'anti-cool' awesomeness.

I can imagine nothing more fun than sitting on a boat full of tech/dir aspirants and waving an MSD card about. :rofl3:

More fun is being the only HOGed out diver on a boat full of MSDs.

You can't win.

If you search for a thread and find it, you get yelled at
If you don't search for a thread, people hoot and holler about using the search button, or even worse, google!
It'ous not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game!

With the DIR aspirants I have met (doesn't mean all DIR peeps), they wouldn't notice an MSD card......their heads are usually shoved up somewhere else

MSD is the height of 'anti-cool' awesomeness.

I can imagine nothing more fun than sitting on a boat full of tech/dir aspirants and waving an MSD card about. :rofl3:

With a massive expensive purge-valve snorkel welded to your mask, colour co-ordinated wetsuit and your own tank banger. Its one way of ensuring you get to solo dive i guess!

For children under the age of 18, MSD is the heighest level of diving certification that they can reach. It provides a source of pride and accomplishment that can be listed on college applications. More importantly, it imparts the pleasure of dive growth through continuing training and experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom