Padi Peak Performance Buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peak performance translated in actuality is,know how to use your lung properly, consider it a redundant BCD, when you inhale, tendency for you is to go up a little, when you exhale, go down a little, that I guess is what you should master, go dive more, instead of buying the book.

How do you get [-]to Carnigie Hall[/-] proper boyancy control? Practice, Practice, Practice.
If you're dead set on the PADI C.D., I'll bet there are some here that would send it to you at no charge.

That having been said....:popcorn:

Jon

Jon C:
If you're dead set on the PADI C.D., I'll bet there are some here that would send it to you at no charge.

That having been said....:popcorn:

and you actually said that mere miles from PADI's home??? they may be knocking at your door by the end of the day:wink:

It always cracked me up in OC that the water temp drops from the 60's to the 50's and it's winter, so few people dive

I've never seen the PADI DVD/CD for PPB, I did however take the class. I found the class to be of very little worth. Find yourself an experienced dive buddy who is willing to work with you, find a dive platform, and work trying to get and stay horizontal. This may involve removing weight, changing weight location, moving the BCD up/down, as well as moving the tank up/down. For me it involved removing my trim weights and that allows me to stay horizontal underwater. Once you figure out how to stay horizontal you can start working on the buoyancy itself.

TheHobster:
It always cracked me up in OC that the water temp drops from the 60's to the 50's and it's winter, so few people dive

Hey hey now. Some of us don't stop. :D

Go dive. I took the course & it was a total waste of time & money. A great practice drill would be to take 3 hula hoops with different length ropes & 5 lb weights. Sink the hoops about 20 ft apart sink the first to 45 ft the second to 15 ft & the third to 30 ft. practice getting neutral at each hoop then swim through. Practice makes perfect.

What I do is link the hoops about 5 ft apart and 2-3 ft height difference on a chain and drop the chain in 15-20 ft of water. It's not easy controlling your buoyancy that shallow along with quick changes, especially in 7mm.

BTW, the buoyancy course I teach involves this and much more.

TheHobster:
and you actually said that mere miles from PADI's home??? they may be knocking at your door by the end of the day:wink:

I thought it was the guys selling Christmas wrapping paper until I saw the Uzies.:11:

I actually applied for a job there sometime back, but talking to the employees, almost all of them said they ended up diving less once they started to work there...don't know why that would be.:confused:

And, look here Hobster, one can only complain about the cold water if one gets into the cold water...we dive...we freeze...we complain...we dive again.:wink:

I have a PADI disk on "Proper Donning of Gloves, if anyone is interested.

Jon

I'm taking an AOW course at the community college this winter, even though I should have that rating before the class starts. (Cards do not equal skill/experience.) A number of people have said the instructor is good, and my own experience supports that. We'll have a lot of pool time, including sessions for buoyancy. Cost is about 90 for the class. Might be something to consider in place of the DVD (knowledge does not equal skill).

I do have a question to tack on to the thread. How can I feel manly when I go to the toy store to buy hula hoops?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom